Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do, I have a Honda fireblade 1000rr 2004, and I'm now on my 7th stator, my bike apart from the end can is completely standard, no aftermarket add ons etc. I run it on motul 10w40 if that would make any difference, I don't know, it's a great bike apart from this bloody stator problem.. Any thoughts before I decide to bin it, thanks.. J.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply, yep, it's had a genuine Honda Stator and that eventually burnt out, but I got that one re wound, again, and only lasted 12months then that burnt out, replaced reg/rec had it re wound again, 18months later at the TT that burnt itself out, I decided to buy one not a genuine one but aftermarket I fit it, and yep you get the pattern 1yr later same old same, bought another and got Honda UK to fit it and check the bike because now I'm at the end of my tether, everything all OK, told me that it will go again, because the stator is far to small for the size of the engine, Honda knew of this problem that's why there was a recall they burnt out to, so on the 08/09 bikes that problem was sorted... Thanks again. J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts