Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going Going Gone..... so does anyone think the only way is up from here? Quite a legacy these guys are leaving behind. Do you withdraw from Iraq?
How do you get the US economy back on track? Climate change, peak oil...
Are we prepared? Interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Sure, we should improve.
Yes, we should withdraw from Iraq, apologize for entering and really screwing up the region (the only group that got any benefit was the small enclave of Kurds in the NorthEast of that contrived nation), and get out on a strict time-table...Perhaps leaving 45 or so Delta, SeALs, and Force Recon (although, I think they disbanded the department-wide SpecOps in the Corps in favor of BN. level groups...?) with a full company of Rangers as an alert/security force, to continue to prosecute anti-terror ops.
The US Economy is on trck, but there is a growing disparty between the rich and poor that will not be titrated until we prevent the wealthy from "taking it with them" and forcing them to actually "spend" it.
F-climate change...Any change in climate, if looming, has already been caused by the rampant use of those fossil fuels burned in pursuit of the Industrial Revolution...That's right. Years of crap have already done the damage, and w will reap the effects regardless of how much we attempt to ameliorate it now...
peak oil what...Prices? Invade Saudi Arabia and TAKE the oil. Period. They hate us, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis, so screw the shiek and his family, we should annex the damn place in the name of some undocumented worker in the kitchen of the eatery at the top of the world trade center...
We are NOT prepared for much.

And, I agree, we are in for some interesting times...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) I am so glad you did'nt hold back on that ... How about "take the oil" and release all of the technology patents that the oil companies have stored away? Do the planet a real service..

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
All people really have to do is take the patent that is shelved, make a tangible improvement or a transformative update, and then submit (or in the lingo: prosecute) the patent application. That gets around the "shelving" issue...The real problem is we don't really have a replacement (beyond HE3) fuel or technology under development. Lots of pipe-dreams, a few "principled theories" but no real replacement technology, even if illicit...A person is allowed to construct/utilize a patent that belongs to someone else as long as the direct infringing use is NOT for commercial purposes, and the patents themselves are a matter of public record, and the monopoly is for a limited duration...Those "super carbs" of yester-year are bullsiht...Those patents would have run out, and the technology would be available for common use...Conspiracy theories are always without certain facts, though often filled with truth...

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
ABear :plus1: again :) All apart from "The US Economy is on track." But that might be because I'm not entirely sure which track you mean.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
With regard to interesting times, these are usually when radical inventions come. Necessity is the mother of invention, or so they say.
Btw, Gordon, his Tonyness' replacement has basically said we're staying out there for the duration. Watch this space for political back-peddalling...

·
Registered
47 Posts
With regard to interesting times, these are usually when radical inventions come. Necessity is the mother of invention, or so they say.
Btw, Gordon, his Tonyness' replacement has basically said we're staying out there for the duration. Watch this space for political back-peddalling...
gordans a complete utter knob..
hes vetos the vote europe, he lets the scots and welsh have there say in london.. and we cant have our say in there :rolleyes: :confused:
then he lets in half a millon polskis and other europeans.. as a cheap work force..
and more and more brits leave this dump!!!!:rant: :rant: :rant:
:thumbd:

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Garnib, I couldn't agree more. If you're English, living in England you have no rights. A sad but very real situation. England is nearly dead:help: :help: :help:

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
This is common misnomer, unless you know of some case law that I don't.
I think it comes down to damages. The company cannot exactly say they suffered damages when you never sold it. If they sued you for what you made, which is nothing and then they get 50% of that nothing, they still get nothing. They could seek an injunction and thus you cannot even give it away.

I do have an issue with patents that sit there just waiting for people to infringe upon it and then a holding company sues. If you don't use it, ever sold a product or not even have something in developmet, then the patent should expire after 7 years from the issue.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you don't use it, ever sold a product or not even have something in developmet, then the patent should expire after 7 years from the issue.
7 years is still a long grace period, maybe 2 would be better considering how quickly things happen these days.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
I think it comes down to damages. The company cannot exactly say they suffered damages when you never sold it. If they sued you for what you made, which is nothing and then they get 50% of that nothing, they still get nothing. They could seek an injunction and thus you cannot even give it away.
Couldn't they argue that you, tinkering with their idea and then poorly marketing it, damaged the image of the product therefore ruining their chances of making a profit?

They might even argue that they were trying to get the capital together and that was why it took so long to get to market. They might be able to sue for all the potential profit that's gone down sh*thole, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts