Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
can any of u advise here? mate of mine wants to buy CBR600 F4i 2002 model. looks in pretty good cond, i.e. fairing's resprayed, original stickers, etc
bike's probably fallen over (hence respray) but doesn't look like it's been in any serious prangs because all the bar ends, mirrors, pegs, coverings, etc are all original with usual "aged" look.
two thiings that concerned me though was the clutch cover has a slight oil leak. it's been resprayed so probably also got scraped (can't have been bust else respray woulda been no good) but i just want to know if could be something more serious than just a gasket leak? The fron tire also has an insane wear pattern on the right front - not your usual track day wear though and only on one side? could this be something to worry about or just new tyre?
thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check for any unusual noises from engine and tranny. Also check steering head bearings, swing arm bearing, wheel bearings, etc. I've got my f4i now for atleast 2 years and and i always found a whine/howling sound when ridden on high gear at around 3000rpms. It seems to be coming from the tranny. Mechanic said that's normal since the gear dogs on f4i's are undercut. perhaps others with f4i's can comment. Oh,btw, replacing the cct is always a given.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
The forks could be tweaked from a crash causing the odd wear pattern and there could be a hairline crack in the engine case that is leaking. Check it out closer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts