TINTED DOUBLE BUBBLE SCREEN
R G RACING CRASH BUNGS
PADDOCK STAND BOBBINGS
STEALTH SUPERSPROX REAR SPROCKET RENTHAL FRONT
D.I.D X RING GOLD CHAIN
NEW BATTERY
NEW PIRRELLI DIABLO TYRES
ALL HISTORY ETC

25K Miles on the clock and the seller is asking for £3K for it, very cheap considering most 954s go for more than that. The rearsets would indicate a former race bike. Going to look at it over the weekend, anything you'd recommend looing out for? Did a HPI check, nothing reported.

And if it has been raced, should I not touch it?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
if it had been raced, whats the problem? Racers usually take really good care of their bikes in terms of maintenance. Are you worried about it being bent?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like a track bike. I would take a bike that has been pushed by a enthusiast over a sunday rider's bike anyday.. Just check the basics, testride and check gears, engine etc. And if you don't want the full exhaust and Ohlins forks I'll take them off your hands.. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
its about $4800 US, not a bad deal for the upgrades and the bike their on. Ride it, and if its straight, and clean, buy it!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
This is the spec:
FULL OHLINS ROAD AND RACE SUSPENSION FRONT AND REAR
OHLINS STEERING DAMPER WITH HARRIS MOUNT
FULLY ADJUSTABLE ARROW REARSETS
FULL TITANIUM AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST FRONT TO REAR
DYNOJET STAGE 3 POWER COMMANDER WITH SOFTWARE AND INSTRUCTIONS
CARBON FRONT FENDER
GENUINE REAR SEAT COWL HADLIGHT LENS COVER
TINTED DOUBLE BUBBLE SCREEN
R G RACING CRASH BUNGS
PADDOCK STAND BOBBINGS
STEALTH SUPERSPROX REAR SPROCKET RENTHAL FRONT
D.I.D X RING GOLD CHAIN
NEW BATTERY
NEW PIRRELLI DIABLO TYRES
ALL HISTORY ETC

25K Miles on the clock and the seller is asking for £3K for it, very cheap considering most 954s go for more than that. The rearsets would indicate a former race bike. Going to look at it over the weekend, anything you'd recommend looing out for? Did a HPI check, nothing reported.

And if it has been raced, should I not touch it?
I wouldn't consider the rearsets to be track specific. I run stock rearsets and pegs on my 929 currently and I would bet many more aftermarket rearsets are bought for bikes that never see the track.
Full ohlins forks to me means they're complete forks rather than just kitted stock forks so they might be a nice touch.
The "stage three Power Commander" is a worry :)
Since it doesn't say it's custom mapped I'd say it's less likely to be a race bike. Most people wanting to race would spend the money for a custom map to get the most out of what they've spent already.
Check the various fluid plugs for lock wiring (although I wire all my bikes whether I race them or not) and check if the radiator is running coolant or water. Coolant is not allowed in race bikes.
Being a race bike wouldn't put me off it. As already said, most racers look after their bikes much better than the average road rider.
Examine it closely, ride it and buy it or not because of what it _is_ rather than what the odometer says or its claimed history.
Things like footpegs, shift linkages, hand grips and control pivots wear over time so they should give you some idea of how it's been treated generally.
Make sure the oil is clean but if it's brand new ask why. Most sellers aren't going to spend to put fresh oil in the engine when they're selling it so it _may_ be an attempt to cover something up.
The HISS can be very expensive to fix/replace so be sure it's fixed beforehand.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
In what way has the HISS system failed?

Just be on guard - usually track bikes are normally lifted up onto the paddock stands and therefore have either loads and loads of scuffs on the rear swing arm or on the rear bobbins.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
£3000.00... Ive seen some go for as low as £3.5k and as high as £5... With all those mods I'm really surprised its priced as that.

Where abouts is it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Twincam,

My thoughts exactly, it is up in the Midlands. On ebay a 100% seller he is. There is part of me tempted to buy it and resell it down here, could easily get £4K for it and then wait until the British summer is over and buy a RR6-7 that will probably go for for 4.5K.

I currently have an 01 Fazer 1000, easy bike to ride, but I don't look at it in the morning and want to ride it, far too practical...

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
You could buy the bike, strip its parts and make more money than he is selling it for...

I would be inclined to buy it, take the parts I want off and then let it go with the standard parts on it. Does it come with any Service History?

The Fazers were never Super Sport bikes, more sports tourer - I was very close to buying one a few years back. Good overall bike but no way as near as powerful as the blade would be!

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
If you don't want it, I might actually be interested :think:

As long as the wife doesn't find out :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Twin,

Comes with a full service history apparently, on the HPI check it had 17K in 2005, so 8K in 4 years? I purchased it straight away, if there are any issues I will simply say item not as described and pull out. Difficulty will be a long train ride to Birmingham and back.

Question is what is better, that model listed above or a stock 2006 RR6 model? Power for the latter but handling?

Another reason going for the Honda is I actually want a bike that lasts years, I plan to be in and out of the country over the next five years so want a bike that will last.

I like this one because when I tire of it I can simply turn it into a track bike with ease...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the full ad:

HONDA 954 FIREBLADE RR2...............MY PRIDE AND JOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
I'M HAVING TO PART WITH THIS BIKE DUE TO MY HEALTH,POOR EYESIGHT AND CRIPLING ARTHRITIS !!!!​
(NOT SOMTHING YOU WANT WITH A MOTHERSHIP THAT CAPABLE OF OVER 180MPH)​
ANYWAY.................ITS BREAKING MY HEART TO ADVERTISE THIS SO LETS GET ON WITH THE DETAILS.​
I'VE JUST HAD A FULL MOT AND SERVICE ON IT.​
ITS IN GREAT CONDITION BUT DOES HAVE SOME STONE CHIPPING IN THE USUAL PLACES ON THE FAIRING OTHERWISE THATS IT NO DENTS,NEVER BEEN OVER OR DROPPED I,M THE SECOND OWNER AND I,VE HAD IT FOR 4 YEARS AND NEVER HAD TO HAVE ANYTHING REPAIRED OR REPLACED.​
NOW HAVE A READ OF THESE EXTRAS AND YOU WILL FIND YOUR GETTING THE BIKE FOR FREE.​
FULL OHLINS ROAD AND RACE SUSPENSION FRONT AND REAR​
OHLINS STEERING DAMPER WITH HARRIS MOUNT​
FULLY ADJUSTABLE ARROW REARSETS​
FULL TITANIUM AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST FRONT TO REAR​
DYNOJET STAGE 3 POWER COMMANDER WITH SOFTWARE AND INSTRUCTIONS​
CARBON FRONT FENDER​
GENUINE REAR SEAT COWL HADLIGHT LENS COVER​
TINTED DOUBLE BUBBLE SCREEN​
R G RACING CRASH BUNGS​
PADDOCK STAND BOBBINGS​
STEALTH SUPERSPROX REAR SPROCKET RENTHAL FRONT​
D.I.D X RING GOLD CHAIN​
NEW BATTERY​
NEW PIRRELLI DIABLO TYRES​
ALL HISTORY ETC​
I THINK YOU WILL AGREE,IF TOU KNOW YOUR BIKES YOUR GONNA GET A LOT FOR YOUR MONEY​
PLEASE ONLY BID TO BUY,ANYONE WITH LESS THAN 10 POS FEEDBACK PLEASE CALL ME OR RISK HAVING BID WITHDRAWN THIS BIKE IS ADVERTISED ELSWHERE SO I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE AT ANYTIME​
THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE INVOICED FOR £100 DEPOSIT PRIOR TO COLLECTION VIA PAYPAL AND THE REST MUST BE PAYED ON COLLECTION,CHEQUES MUST CLEAR BEFORE COLLECTION.
HAPPY BIDDING................DONT MISS A BARGAIN.
THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION ON THE LISTING, A FEW OF YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT THE EXTRAS.............THESE ARE ALREADY ON THE BIKE AND NOT SEPERATE............YOU ARE NOT GETTING A STANDARD BIKE AND ALL THE EXTRAS,WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET............IF YOUR NOT SURE,PLEASE RING ME,I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP.....................BEST REGARDS.........STEVE.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I think I saw that advert on eBay a week or two ago?!

Have you paid your deposit yet? I bought a 1960 Consul Convertible from eBay, took £7500 in cash and my dolly up to near Manchester and I walked away. It wasn't what was described - he even asked me what was it worth and said give me what its worth.

Now how ever, after two other owners (have seen it twice on eBay (it was on there recently) the price has shot up to £12995!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Correct twin,<br><br>It was up on Sunday, not paid a deposit yet. I asked him to send me an invoice and it wasn't until I said I am looking at another bike he told me he put it in for the electrics, what maybe hiss related. <br><br>If I go up there and something is out of place it should show. I'll ask for the receipt for the work he just had done, in case he tried to cover something else up. <br><br>The photos show the Ohlins Forks and Shock. Tires have been painted white, so possibly hiding wheel changes. Curiosity has got the better of me, it could be a steal or it could be an attempt to steal my hard earned cash...<br><br>Be curious to know if you saw it prior to a week ago, maybe someone else went through the same ordeal as me?<br>

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
It might have been just on Sunday (I usually scout around on eBay)...

You have all the reason to be wary, its not a few £100 you are parting with. I would also check all of the MOTs and see if the mileage links up.

Check the nuts on the wheels too - worn edges could mean they have had quite a bit of use over its life.

Has the bike been fully fixed? Die hard (another member on here) had no end of problems with his bike due to HISS problems - its not something I would like to experience.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts