Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm buying an 03 low milage cbr1100xx. Bike looks like it's been treated well. Should I simply replace the stator and regulator or ride it and see how it goes? Was the 03 better than other years? What other advice about preventative maintenance does the forum have to offer? I don't like getting stuck. K

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not certain if the Blackbird has more stator problems than others. None of my six Hondas had a stator or regulator problem, but judging from what I read about the Blackbird on various message boards there seems to be a consensus that there was a problem. I have not owned this particular bike, so if there is a difference of opinion on the subject, I'd like to know. I love Hondas for many reasons, but one big reason is because they're usually trouble free.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Had two birds and can't really fault them, they're a fantastic, comfortable sports tourer well able to punch above their weight on the twisties. The 03 model has fuel injection instead of older carbed models. Have not heard too much about stator problems to be alarmed.

All in, a great bike, good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had two birds and can't really fault them, they're a fantastic, comfortable sports tourer well able to punch above their weight on the twisties. The 03 model has fuel injection instead of older carbed models. Have not heard too much about stator problems to be alarmed.

All in, a great bike, good luck.
That's helpful to know and I appreciate hearing about your experience. I like the Blackbird. It's understated and formal, the opposite of my C14.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.