Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm finally in a position to be able to buy my first bike. I am a young female & i really dont know anything about motorcycle maintenance or fair cost of a bike. i joined here in hopes someone can help me :(

I looked at a 2001 Honda F4i . Great condition, no scratches. well kept & maintained. about 20k miles (less than 21k). He was asking $3750..... we negotiated a price of $3450.... IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

My first thoughts was that this was great Deal. i am totally willing to pay the $3400....This is the bike I WANT! but i guess i just want to know if i'm gettin worked over or what...
ive been looking for the past week, all day every day... & havent gotten anything worth my time. Either way too old or looks like its been laid down.

any advise would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
If it's in great condition that is a good price considering the season and your location. The F4i is much better than the F4 not only because it looks better, but because it's fuel injected:) However, even a clean looking bike can have hidden red flags.

Bring someone that knows bikes and have them come with you to look at it. Check the major things like Chain, sprockets, brakes, seals, suspension, fluids, tire wear (that's $300 if the tires are shot), see if the engine and frame numbers match the title, run the vin, make sure it doesn't have any leans on it... if it does you'll have to go get him to give you a lean release with the title and bike. There are a dozen other little things to check to see if the bike's ever truely been down, totaled, or not been taken care of.

I'm sure everything is legit, but just cover yourself and bring a biker friend to look things over with ya:) GL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! I ended up getting the bike today!! Had a friend of mine test ride it, made the sale & brought it home! Been high on life all day! It was a good buy- i'm glad i was patient!
Appreciate your time!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thank You! I ended up getting the bike today!! Had a friend of mine test ride it, made the sale & brought it home! Been high on life all day! It was a good buy- i'm glad i was patient!
Appreciate your time!!
That is awesome. Now post some pics of her for us. the f4i's are fun bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts