Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never do business with buysportbikes.com. If anyone is thinking of purchasing a wrecked sportbike do it elsewhere. I tried to bid on a few bikes back in July and was not successful. The way it is supposed to work is; you send them a $250.00 deposit. They bid on the bike on your behalf, if you win the 250 goes toward the purchase price of the bike. If you do not, the 250 is refunded. Well, 2 months later I yet to see my deposit. I have been in contact with 'Will' several times via phone and email. He says 'it's on the way'. What bull$hit! Anyone got any ideas how to get my money back? Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dude,
PM me or give me some info like you're name and when and what you bid on. I know the guy personally and several guys from the company as it is based here in College Station, TX. He really is a nice guy. I do know that he is very busy, but I understand where you are coming from. I might see him tonight, so try and let me know before 9 pm CST.

Paul

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Not yet.... the greyhound bus carrying roadracer and his aluminum baseball bat from NC to College station, TX will arrive later tonight....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still waiting. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, FTC and the Attorney Generals Office. With each complaint I included a copy of the receipt for the deposit and all of the emails stating that the money would be refunded. That Will Clark guy will not return any of my calls or respond to my emails. I WILL get my money back one way or another. Just remember, stay away from these guys. If they did it to me, they will do it to you. By the way does, anyone have a bat and an extra bus ticket?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
What came about with Gearhead knowing the guy and going to go talk to him?

I've been in your situation before and currently I am owed $3000 from a company. It totally sucks and drains the life out of you. They figure that one day you will just give up!

Hang in there or take a trip

·
Registered
246 Posts
I talked to Will already and he said he would take care of it. I have done my part in trying to ammend things, but apparently it hasn't helped. I'm not going to get into this anymore, it's just gonna have to be between these two. Sorry man, but there's only so much I can do. Wish I could help out.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Gearhead : I talked to Will already and he said he would take care of it.  I have done my part in trying to ammend things, but apparently it hasn't helped.  I'm not going to get into this anymore, it's just gonna have to be between these two.  Sorry man, but there's only so much I can do.  Wish I could help out.
It was good of you to try.

I've been in a similar situation, and there comes a point when you have to let it go, as you have. Continuing to pursue it could sour your relations with all parties involved, a hefty price for trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
929 Posts
alexandra : What came about with Gearhead knowing the guy and going to go talk to him?  

I've been in your situation before and currently I am owed $3000 from a company.  It totally sucks and drains the life out of you.   They figure that one day you will just give up!

Look at it this way - sometimes you have to weigh the differences of righteousness or quality of life. Often it is better to choose the latter and know the offender WILL achieve misfortune as repayment, sooner or later.

I ran into this a few months back and decided to give up the stress and move on with a happier daily lifestyle, rather than constantly worrying about receiving replies from authorities, follow up, etc. Some lessons are hard to learn, and usually expensive for me, but the lesson is engrained that much more when it occurs that way (or so I tell myself, while trying to keep an optomistic attitude). Use the government to your advantage and 'write it off' as a loss when you file taxes.

Use it if ya like it, toss it if ya dont.

·
Registered
427 Posts
File a complaint with the consumer protection division of the Attorney General's Office in the state where buysportbikes.com is located (this can often be done online).  Then inform 'Will' that you have filed a complaint.  Most times either you filing or a call from the AG's office will spark the offending business into doing the right thing.

Oops, ignore this post. Just read that you already made a complaint.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess who told me to contact these guys in the first place? You guessed it, Gearhead. I guess he does not know Will as well as he thought he did.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
googolplexu : Quote (alexandra @ Nov. 05 2003, 9:21pm)What came about with Gearhead knowing the guy and going to go talk to him?  

I've been in your situation before and currently I am owed $3000 from a company.  It totally sucks and drains the life out of you.   They figure that one day you will just give up!

Look at it this way - sometimes you have to weigh the differences of righteousness or quality of life.  Often it is better to choose the latter and know the offender WILL achieve misfortune as repayment, sooner or later.

I ran into this a few months back and decided to give up the stress and move on with a happier daily lifestyle, rather than constantly worrying about receiving replies from authorities, follow up, etc.  Some lessons are hard to learn, and usually expensive for me, but the lesson is engrained that much more when it occurs that way (or so I tell myself, while trying to keep an optomistic attitude).  Use the government to your advantage and 'write it off' as a loss when you file taxes.

Anyone got a radiator for sale? j/k

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Richie. I know $250.00 is not a lot of money but that's not the point. The point is, it's a refundable deposit and I want a refund! I wonder if I can contact the Police in Will's area? Can they do anything?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Generally the Sheriff's department would be the ones that enforce proper siezure so likely those are the people to contact in his county. BUT generally they won't do anything without a court order to withhold/sieze/levy.. whatever.

$250 I think is under the grand larceny/theft threshold.. but.. it's only a phone call. Why not give it a try.

Keep on em... or post a link to the Subaru board (talk about a cluster-f for those dudes at Mark Mitsu in Arizona&#33

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (googolplexu @ Nov. 06 2003, 11:18am)Quote (alexandra @ Nov. 05 2003, 9:21pm)What came about with Gearhead knowing the guy and going to go talk to him?  

Look at it this way - sometimes you have to weigh the differences of righteousness or quality of life.  Often it is better to choose the latter and know the offender WILL achieve misfortune as repayment, sooner or later.

I ran into this a few months back and decided to give up the stress and move on with a happier daily lifestyle, rather than constantly worrying about receiving replies from authorities, follow up, etc.  Some lessons are hard to learn, and usually expensive for me, but the lesson is engrained that much more when it occurs that way (or so I tell myself, while trying to keep an optomistic attitude).  Use the government to your advantage and 'write it off' as a loss when you file taxes.

Anyone got a radiator for sale?    j/k

1 - 20 of 42 Posts