Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to bypass the rev limiter like they sell for suzuki and kawasaki?

·
Registered
210 Posts
CBR629 : Is there anyway to bypass the rev limiter like they sell for suzuki and kawasaki?
Speed limiter or rev limiter. No need to do either unless you have mondo-horsepower or have your engine rebuilt to turn 12k+ rpm.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
heres my 2cents.....................why the hell would you want to?

so you can go FASTER right

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
11,000rpm's aren't enough for ya? If you're looking for more top speed, mess with some sprockets, it's far cheaper. And just to let you know, the bike isn't aerodynamic enough to do much more then it's already capable of.

·
Registered
57 Posts
CBR629 : Is there anyway to bypass the rev limiter like they sell for suzuki and kawasaki?
Damn if you're bouncing that thing off the rev-limiter you need to learn how to shift Seriously they put it there for a good reason to save you engine.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Bacchus : Quote (roadrunner954 @ July 27 2003, 7:28pm)heres my 2cents.....................why the hell would you want to?
Obviously so he can best stegen  

Z..

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bacchus : Quote (roadrunner954 @ July 27 2003, 7:28pm)heres my 2cents.....................why the hell would you want to?
Obviously so he can best stegen  

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's sold for the suzuki 1000 because it gives more horsepower due to the restrtiction they have in europe to keep bike under 200mph.My friend has one on his suzuki 1000 and he can rock other 1000's...honda motors are better and is like horsepower waiting to be tapped into...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way,i know how to shift..I just get there quicker than you. I have 21 years of bike ridin so tell that to a rookie.

·
Registered
929 Posts
There is not a 'speed limiter' and the engine was built to withstand the 11.2k rpm it is set at (rev limiter), thus the reason you wont find anyone here willing to explain how you can detonate your engine casing with a piston rod. If you decide to get the motor rebuilt to withstand higher rpm, I am sure the Tuner will install an upgraded computer to compensate for the modifications he or she has accomplished.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
11.2K rpm? My rev limiter came in at 12.6. You may want to look at a dyno chart before thinking there is more power in there, as every 929/954 chart I have seen shows the power dropping off after the low elevens and abrubtly stopping at the limiter (but it is already down considerably before the limiter).

If you plan on bigger throttle bodies, flowed head, full round valve job, knife edged & balanced crank, hardened TI rods, cams and pistons, then raising the limiter makes sense, otherwise you're just pissing into the wind . . .

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, the speed limiter is way above 11k.  Like abtech says, if you don't have cams, and bigger throttle bodies as well as intake mods, forget it. The stock motor is tapering off.

My bike, with these mods and good fuel, was still pulling when the limiter hit, but I never found an ECU that would give me more RPM.

Also, since you are basically 'overspeeding' the motor, you better be ready to pull the head off and freshen it up frequently, or you're gonna have an ugly failure...

·
Registered
929 Posts
luvtolean : My bike, with these mods and good fuel, was still pulling when the limiter hit, but I never found an ECU that would give me more RPM.
I thought Motec and Yoshimura make good programable units. ??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you sure you dont mean the 'TRE' (timing retard eliminator) that gets rid of the 186mph limit in 6th gear & allows it to make full power in 1st gear???

EDIT: On the GSXR's & Hyabusa, not on Kawasakis

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
If Blades had 'retard eliminators' then this board would be a ghost town.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
ZX9RCAM : Quote (Baketech @ July 28 2003, 2:27pm)If Blades had 'retard eliminators' then this board would be a ghost town.....
funny!

The voluntarily set euro speed limit is 300kph, or 186mph. Only the zx12 and hayabusa have the limiter cuz they're the only ones that can attain it in stock form.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Denny : Quote (ZX9RCAM @ July 28 2003, 11:59am)Quote (Baketech @ July 28 2003, 2:27pm)If Blades had 'retard eliminators' then this board would be a ghost town.....
funny!

The voluntarily set euro speed limit is 300kph, or 186mph. Only the zx12 and hayabusa have the limiter cuz they're the only ones that can attain it in stock form.
It also affects 1st gear on the GSXR1000 & 750.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah that's what i'm talking about(zx9rcam)..thanks I just wanted to know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts