Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can add the C-ABS on to a non C-ABS 08 fireblade? same bike just dont have the C-ABS and would like to put it on.
thnx :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would guess, due to the amount of difference between the two, you have no chance. I would have thought you would have to change the ECU, wiring loom and much more. I would have thought it will be cheaper to trade your non ABS model in for the ABS model.

On a side note, I would not want a heavier bike that impeded upon my riding? Having ridden a CBR600RR ABS in the rain around Silverstone, and using the brakes as much as I needed too, I did not use the ABS. Even when I tried to activate it, just to see what it is like. I cannot see the need, personally. The best thing to do if the highway is wet, is slow down, because no ABS will save you on diesel :thumb:

............... Hoody :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having riden both non-ABS and C-ABS bikes I can say I will never buy a new bike that does not have ABS. I have felt the ABS kick in several times, especially at those oily intersections when the light changes and you have to make a brisk stop...my previous bikes would lock up, but with the ABS you just stop. To each their own but for me ABS is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts