Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Forgot to introduce myself and say what's up. 'What's up"***

I took my stock exhaust/air filtered CA emission 03 CBR954 to Hare Racing to get it dyno'ed so that I would have a baseline comparison to the full Arata/ PCIII install I will be doing this week and got back 122hp and 63 ft/lb's. The tech at Hare Racing said this was within specs. I have seen posts of ~134hp in stock mode and I am wondering if this low number is due to the CA emissions package. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know how to convert a CA bike to a 49 state?

PS Don't get me wrong, this bike already has more than enough juice for me, and a number on a dyno won't diminish the sensation in the seat of my pants. I just want to know if this is typical of a CA bike.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
692 Posts
utherca said:
***Forgot to introduce myself and say what's up. 'What's up"***

I took my stock exhaust/air filtered CA emission 03 CBR954 to Hare Racing to get it dyno'ed so that I would have a baseline comparison to the full Arata/ PCIII install I will be doing this week and got back 122hp and 63 ft/lb's. The tech at Hare Racing said this was within specs. I have seen posts of ~134hp in stock mode and I am wondering if this low number is due to the CA emissions package. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know how to convert a CA bike to a 49 state?

PS Don't get me wrong, this bike already has more than enough juice for me, and a number on a dyno won't diminish the sensation in the seat of my pants. I just want to know if this is typical of a CA bike.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

:welcome: Sir.

I have no idea of what to expect HP wise from a CA bike, but I have learned from this GREAT forum that the CA ECU's might be mapped different from the 49 state ECU. The typical response to a " how do I remove the CA stuff?" is remove the evap canister, block the PAIR system, and ride smart........ I'll leave the PC3/ 02sensor/lambdasensor to the locals...

ENJOY!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts