Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent $80 on cab fare today... from o'hare to one of the suburbs... I've never heard of such. I called the hotel before I came out and the bellhop old me it would be 30-35 bucks... I assumed that really meant 45, but $80 :eek:

I think I will call for a shuttle on the return trip.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Been there, done that.

Long trips like that a limo is usually cheaper.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
live and learn...

I don't really travel much. I think last time I was in Chicago we caught a limo and it was about $50 to the airport from downtown. This guy got to charge me fair and a half for the 'burbs.
:nod:

They love to add on fees.

Plus cabbies by and large are just irritating. Limo drivers usually are far more professional and you know the cost up front so no surprises.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
What are you doing in Chicago??? That's a long way to go to get some sleep after a weekend on call like you had.

BTW, if that's Horace Wells in your avatar, he's putting me to sleep. :D

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Many moons ago a freind's parents were both docs. Mom a pediatrician and Dad a anesthesiologist. (He actually put me to sleep for a hernia operation too)

Last name?

Whitecell (or Whitesell, can't remember)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
After 5 surgeries...I'm trying to quit.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
If you don't quit posting, you aren't going to be cutting anyone. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Not from me, it's martini time in a sec. And for once, I won't be drinking alone. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Honestly, I swear I'm not making this up, but there is a dentist in Charleston, SC by the name of Dr. Needle. I wonder how he ever got patients to walk in the door. I wish I had taken a picture of his name on the door.

Well, since you're a ferinner in Northern lands, here is a bit of advice. If you don't have a steak at the Chicago Chop House, you've missed one of the best culinary experiences ever, (Rated one of the best in the nation) and you are an idiot if you don't get your concierge to pull some strings to get your butt in there for some of the best saturated fats and cholesterol you've ever had.

Lot's of good Italian in Chicago and don't forget to spend some time in a real Blues bar for music. Lots of great late nightlife on the Gold Coast if you want. Ask any cabbie or concierge.

My boards were held at the Drake...I love and hate that place! It is a very nice hotel. Right across the street was a very nice fish place, but that was a looonng time ago.

After spending all day listening to lectures on just about everything you already know, you need to relax a bit. BTDT.

Have a great time!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts