Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a really good diagram or close-up pics that shows in detail how to connect the two cables connecting the servo and htev valve? :idunno:
I can probablly figure out how to connect them to the htev but I can't tell where or how to connect them to the servo. I know there is a specific way to disconnect the cables from the servo so is there anything I should know about hooking them back up?
Since I'm fairly green on this subject any advice would be helpful, however keep in mind that my knowledge on this subject is very limited so the more detailed the better.
Thanks in advance!! :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that does help a little. I would still like to see a diagram with the cables connected to the servo so I can see where they hook up. Don't have time to order a book before the weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I got the cables hooked up to the servo motor (not easy!). I still can't figure out how to hook them up to the htev valve. I know which cable is on top and which is on bottom, but I can't tell which cable connects where on the valve. Should the valve be opened or closed or at 180 when I connect the cables. Also, is there a specific way the cables need to be routed through the motor?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FINALLY, I'm pretty much a pro by now on the whole htev and servo motor thing! Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way (trial and error) instead of trying to take the easy way and just have someone else tell me exactly what to do. I know its hard to describe in words on a forum what needs to be done so I appreciate all who helped me figure this whole thing out!
After about 4-5 hours spent on this damn thing I think I have a great understanding of how the whole system goes together. If anyone has any questions on this topic, please feel free to ask and I will expain in the best detail that I can so that you fully understand what needs to be done and how to connect all the cables and such.
Please understand that I am not a professional by any means, but I can probablly save you a lot of time and frustration!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe you could do a how-to post for the KB section? :thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
well it is all in the service manual. Glad you got it all back together though. I'm still wondering why you took off the full exhaust and went back to stock?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
two sides to the "getting rid of full system." I was going to sell so I wanted to put it back to stock. I decided not to sell but really hated the low end hesitation of the full system (even with a PCIII maped for the set-up).
After I finished today I took her out and the throttle response is awesome. Crack the throttle and the front end raises up nice and smooth. I hated the old system...going through a corner and the bike hits a sudden burst of power at about 3500 RPM, half way through the corner while I'm still leaned over. Almost crashed a few times. overall it was a costly change over, but well worth it in my eyes!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
tglass said:
two sides to the "getting rid of full system." I was going to sell so I wanted to put it back to stock. I decided not to sell but really hated the low end hesitation of the full system (even with a PCIII maped for the set-up).
After I finished today I took her out and the throttle response is awesome. Crack the throttle and the front end raises up nice and smooth. I hated the old system...going through a corner and the bike hits a sudden burst of power at about 3500 RPM, half way through the corner while I'm still leaned over. Almost crashed a few times. overall it was a costly change over, but well worth it in my eyes!
So your saying with the stock system you are having better throttle response than with a full system? I would agree that the stock system gives better low end response otherwise a good full system will totally outperform the stock exhaust.

The sudden burst of power you speak of with, I assume, the full system seems odd and would lead me to believe you didn't have your PCIII mapped correctly.

On my 954, with the stock exhaust, I would get power surges when the HTEV opened. And it was kinda irritating. Now that I have a full system with custom PCIII map the power delivery is very smooth and no surprises in power surges or drop offs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is much smoother now with great low end torque! It is a real wheelie monster now. Can't wait to go up 2 in the rear. I had the pcIII programmed for exactly what the people at dynojet recommended but it still didn't smooth out the full system. I am much more happy with the new set-up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a full Erion system with Erion cams. I gutted the air box a long time ago and disabled the Servo and got a custom map the bike rips all the way to Red line without a problem.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
if you're leaned over in a corner with the rpms at 3500 then either you aren't going fast enough or you're in too high of a gear. I personally like to keep the rpms above 6k when going through the twisities. Makes the bike much easier to ride leaned over. You can accelerate if you want to take the turn faster or just back off a touch and let the engine braking slow you if you're going a bit too fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FINALLY, I'm pretty much a pro by now on the whole htev and servo motor thing! Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way (trial and error) instead of trying to take the easy way and just have someone else tell me exactly what to do. I know its hard to describe in words on a forum what needs to be done so I appreciate all who helped me figure this whole thing out!
After about 4-5 hours spent on this damn thing I think I have a great understanding of how the whole system goes together. If anyone has any questions on this topic, please feel free to ask and I will expain in the best detail that I can so that you fully understand what needs to be done and how to connect all the cables and such.
Please understand that I am not a professional by any means, but I can probablly save you a lot of time and frustration!
I have the same problem .seen your thread.need help,like you ihave tried every way any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have the same problem .seen your thread.need help,like you ihave tried every way any info would be appreciated
Did you notice the last post in this thread was almost 6 years ago?

If you are having trouble with your servo and cables just download the honda service manual. It has easy to follow instructions for installing and adjusting the servo cables. It also has the procedure to check the function on the servo and different rpm's to make sure you have it adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info .I ready to ride.I missed out on wensday bike nite.I stay in new orleans .i let you know how it turns out.thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts