Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So no work getting done this weekend, but I thought I would share what I'm doing. My oldest son is on a 12U travel Baseball team. We are at a tournament at the Cal Ripken Experience, this place is a baseball fan's ultimate play pen. What a weekend for baseball!

This ones called Cal Sr's Park. Only the mound and home are dirt, the rest is turf and it's awesome.

Full turf practice area.

Hotel right in the middle of the facility.

There's also a minor league field, couldn't get near it at the time.

My boy, #2

They have replica parks too. 8 ball fields, all in major league condition. Here's Fenway

The Green Monster

Yankee Stadium

Memorial field

And thank god we squeaked out a 2-1 win in game 1 today. Fabulous weather too. Great weekend so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's awesome! Friend of mine served Ripken at a restaurant in DC and said he was super nice, even after dealing with his baseball fanboy excitement.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
thats really cool ian. many of my best childhood memories were playing baseball. looks like beautiful weather.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome! Friend of mine served Ripken at a restaurant in DC and said he was super nice, even after dealing with his baseball fanboy excitement.
thats really cool ian. many of my best childhood memories were playing baseball. looks like beautiful weather.
Nice one! Good to spend time with family :)
:rotfl: Thanks guys, but your all a year late and a dollar short. ;)

It was a great time though. And he's doing just as well this year, he'll be 14 in 3 weeks and he's already 5'-10" playing for the Ct Capitals again AAU, as well as the local Legion Post 77 Team. He's a stud.

We ended up playing for the 12U championship last year at Ripken but lost by 1. My son hit a ground rule double to start the rally back in the last inning. He came home to make it a one run game, it's link to a video, click and it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts