Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I am hoping someone can help on this one:

I just bought a 2001 929RE(rion) and love it but it is starting to make a funky noise. When I first start it (cold) it sounds like a a periodic cam chain sound - like a clink, clink...silence...clink, clink, clink...then when it gets warm, nothing. Even when accelerating there is no sound. Then, when I start it when it's warm it does it less but still does it.

Any ideas for a cowboy mechanic???

·
Registered
579 Posts
Record it, post it on youtube, then put a link here. Honda bikes make all kinds of noises. I have a couple noises going on right now, one of which is the cam chain tensioner most likely, Ill find out here soon when it arrives and gets installed. :idunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey LITEITUP,

THanks for the suggestion. I will try to borrow the wifes camera and get something posted. In the mean time, it seems like it may be wise to just replace the OEM cam chain tensioner with an aftermarket one...lost 'o posts on this and the APE one sounds like a winner.

I don't mind the engine noise as long as she doesn't BLOW!!! It is a motorcycle you know....you will hear some noise sittin' a top a 929cc engine!!! THis ain't no scooter.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ive read a lot on the APE myself. But I just think that the oem is good, considering my bike has 32k miles and to be honest I dont even know if its the cct making the noise. So for all I know it could still be good. Cant go wrong with oem, imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.