1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
that sucks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Probably misadjusted it. Too loose can let the camchain jump time.
I guess worst case you gorilla tightened it and broke the chain :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would I know for sure if I jumped time and will I have to pull motor to get it bak in time if I did

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tank. Air box. Left and right fairings. Loosen and rotate radiator forward. It's not worth skipping steps and trying to do it without removing these things

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Pretty sure the CCT is non adjustable unless you have an aftermarket one. Are you sure that's what you "adjusted":idunno:

·
8,154 Posts
Yea its an aftermarket one
Gotcha:thumb: So what prompted the "adjustment"? Noise, performance loss, running issue? Generally, even the adjustable ones are set it and forget it. Did you loosen it too much when you undid the lock nut?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Noise. I didn't loosen it a lot but i did start it with the throttle position unplugged would that have any thing to do with it not starting now?

·
8,154 Posts
Noise. I didn't loosen it a lot but i did start it with the throttle position unplugged would that have any thing to do with it not starting now?
Not 100% sure, but I don't think it wouldn't start with just that disconnected.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think it jumped time I'm pretty sure it would be made a noticable noise if and when it did jump

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea That's exactly what happened when I noticed I shut it off. Then I plugged it back in and now it won't start

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I unplugged my pc3 and it started and runs but it idleing at like 3500. Turned idle screw down and it stayed the same

1 - 20 of 25 Posts