·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of numbers do you think I will be running

I want to get some cams from erion for stock compression

also if i get throttle boddies will this help much

looking for anything that will get me above 150 ant the wheel no nitrous

i have pc3 and akra full exhaust, I am looking into cams and dont know where to turn

will adding cams stress my stock motor out to much?? any advise would be great. I have read a lot of posts

I will be calling cycle trendz also for some help?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put on a full Akra + PC3 w/ K&N filter on mine as well. From what I've read we should be in the low 140's now. I'm still getting used to the new found power myself. I did the flapper mod which made the powerband much more smooth. I'm curious as well what is a reasonably priced upgrade next.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this topic is like beating a dead horse. there have been many posts on hp

I am newer to the forum and am just looking for some info on cams for stock compression. I had read somewhere that some cams didnt come with something so your bike wont start.

i dont know if that is a load of bull, but just wanted some info.

how hard are they to install whats a good price for an install and how long should a professional install take??

is there any reliability issues with cams on my 954

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
adding cams on a 929/954 is basically a futile search for a couple hp. on a basically stock motor you'll spend more time and money than its worth for a gain you might barely notice if you notice it at all. giving cycle trendz a call is a good idea cause SilverBullet (Jason) got his 954 over the 150hp mark. I know he has headwork and high compression pistons, not sure on what else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts