Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all ,,,,did a search didnt find anything ,,,,So some help or help to find a thread ,,,,doing valve clearances ...all inspec except no1 needs shimming ,,,to the problem ,,undid all the bolts from the cam holder ,,,,Bugger me if the holder wont lift ,,,,So wondering if i missed something ,,,really dont want to jimmy it up ,,,But if anyone has had the problem ,,,How did you get that bloody cam holder up cheers Tony ,,,,, PS only undid front facing holder as that the only ones out of spec

·
Registered
1996, CBR900RRT
2 Posts
I have just done the same job. If you look at the top of the holders they are numbered 1 to 10 by the bolts that hold them on. These are the fastening/releasing sequence. If you have removed all 10 of them, one also holds the guide at the cam chain end, 9 or 10, from each then they aren't fastened to anything.

I used a piece of wood as a drift and gave them a little tap in a few places all around them and they came free. They still took a little wiggling and pulling to get them fully free.

They are made to very tight tolerances and I think that the mating surfaces work a bit like suckers!

They are only fastened to 9 ft/lbs, next to nothing, so be careful fastening them back on. You will find one or two of the cam lobes against valves holding them up, so you follow the sequence of numbers on the top of them a little at a time to pulll them down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just done the same job. If you look at the top of the holders they are numbered 1 to 10 by the bolts that hold them on. These are the fastening/releasing sequence. If you have removed all 10 of them, one also holds the guide at the cam chain end, 9 or 10, from each then they aren't fastened to anything.

I used a piece of wood as a drift and gave them a little tap in a few places all around them and they came free. They still took a little wiggling and pulling to get them fully free.

They are made to very tight tolerances and I think that the mating surfaces work a bit like suckers!

They are only fastened to 9 ft/lbs, next to nothing, so be careful fastening them back on. You will find one or two of the cam lobes against valves holding them up, so you follow the sequence of numbers on the top of them a little at a time to pulll them down.

thanks for that info ,,should be good now thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts