Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you tell original honda cams from aftermarket cams? I took off my head and pulled the cams, the bike was supposed to have aftermarket cams but I cannot find anything on one of the cams except MWO ex. a serial number and date. Does this sound like regular oem honda cams?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Probaly Morawaki cams. Honda parts are usualy a 9 didget code or somehting, and they probaly would not have it on the parts. A casting number, perhaps. And usualy, never a date. I say they are aftermarket.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Probaly Morawaki cams. Honda parts are usualy a 9 didget code or somehting, and they probaly would not have it on the parts. A casting number, perhaps. And usualy, never a date. I say they are aftermarket.

Yeah, that'd be my guess. I have them, but it's been a while since I looked at them. And sorry, I'm not pulling the valve cover to look. ;) I do have some stock cams I can check out tonight if you want.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
could they be Erion cams? I've seen aftermarket car cams such as ones from Trick Flow. They has a part number on the end. Trick Flow's start with TFS then a number. Maybe yours have something like that and you'll just have to find who that number belongs to.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Sorry, I just noticed you have a 900RR. I don't know about those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts