Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a wheel which I was told was for my bike but was accually a 900rr front wheel. The axles are different, I was wondering if I changed my bearings and inside spacers to a 954 if it would fit?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I recently bought a wheel which I was told was for my bike but was accually a 900rr front wheel. The axles are different, I was wondering if I changed my bearings and inside spacers to a 954 if it would fit?
It probably is a 954 wheel that has had the bearings and centre spacer replaced to fit an earlier Blade.
A photo is probably all that's required to identify it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It probably is a 954 wheel that has had the bearings and centre spacer replaced to fit an earlier Blade.
A photo is probably all that's required to identify it.
Bladeracer is most likely correct about the wheel being from a 954 or a 929. Its easy to tell the difference between a 929 and 954 wheel. They are both 3 spoke but the 954 wheel should have cutouts in the center, dime size holes near the bottom of the spokes and around the sides where the brake rotor mounts to the wheel. You should be able to see through the center of the wheel when looking at it from the side.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Bladeracer is most likely correct about the wheel being from a 954 or a 929. Its easy to tell the difference between a 929 and 954 wheel. They are both 3 spoke but the 954 wheel should have cutouts in the center, dime size holes near the bottom of the spokes and around the sides where the brake rotor mounts to the wheel. You should be able to see through the center of the wheel when looking at it from the side.
And the 1000RR wheels look just like 954 wheels but the spoke cutouts are diamonds I think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.