Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is a pic of a longer bolt that was supplied and a new wire to trigger the brake light on my new SATO rearsets. Can anyone tell me how to install this longer bolt? do you have to remove the C-clip? and can anyone tell me how in the hell you are supposed to install the brake light sensor. The instructions are horrible and I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
DRider said:
I don't see a pic :idunno: Did you load the image or is my browser just f'd up?
Not you DRider. ;) I can't open them either. I get the msg that I'm not authorized to view the page. :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
GhostRider said:
I can see them. It d/ls the pics and you have to unzip them. :)
My firewall was blocking my access for some reason. Thanks for having me give that a second :huh: about that GhostRider. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
HondaGal said:
My firewall was blocking my access for some reason. Thanks for having me give that a second :huh: about that GhostRider. :)
No problem. Glad i could help. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
HyrePower said:
Below is a pic of a longer bolt that was supplied and a new wire to trigger the brake light on my new SATO rearsets. Can anyone tell me how to install this longer bolt? do you have to remove the C-clip? and can anyone tell me how in the hell you are supposed to install the brake light sensor. The instructions are horrible and I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help.
Don't have these myself, yet, but I believe the new, longer bolt replaces the rear brake banjo bolt. It is a pressure switch to replace the mechanical switch that is standard on the 'Blade. Shouldn't have anything to do with the C-clip that I can see.

Of course, you will have to bleed the rear brake system after cracking the seal and replacing the banjo bolt. Should be item #19 in the parts diagram, below.


Link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
HyrePower said:
Below is a pic of a longer bolt that was supplied and a new wire to trigger the brake light on my new SATO rearsets. Can anyone tell me how to install this longer bolt? do you have to remove the C-clip? and can anyone tell me how in the hell you are supposed to install the brake light sensor. The instructions are horrible and I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help.
You got instructions???? Lucky you. ;) I used your pics and put some notes and comments on them that should help you with the brake light switch. HGToo did my wiring as she did her 929's . I had her tell me exactly what she did. Take a look at the pics and hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to explain.

No info on the extra bolt...I noticed you got a nut with yours...I didn't..just the bolt and washer. :huh: Maybe I'll fuss with mine today. When I called Dan Kyle's shop and spoke with Alex, he had no clue what it was for. Guess we'll just have to figure it out ourselves. :rolleyes:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys and thanks for the pics HGal. Now it is clear, thanks for making me feel dumb, lol. I really appreciate you being so patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Most rearsets are designed for racebikes, and usually have no provision for brake light switches. Best solution I have seen is to replace the standard switch with a banjo pressure switch. Goodridge make them in stainless steel. Much neater than the standard switch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
DavidW said:
Most rearsets are designed for racebikes, and usually have no provision for brake light switches. Best solution I have seen is to replace the standard switch with a banjo pressure switch. Goodridge make them in stainless steel. Much neater than the standard switch.
Yup, exactly! That Goodridge part is the very one that Dan Kyle supplies when you purchase Sato rearsets, and the one that Hyerpower is using! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Yup, exactly! That Goodridge part is the very one that Dan Kyle supplies when you purchase Sato rearsets, and the one that Hyerpower is using! :)
I realised that was what must be included when I saw your photos and bothered to read the rest of the posts. Doh!

:smilebig:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top