Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a very good precision digital tire gauge.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good model?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
how good does it have to be? if it's digital it's pretty accurate. are you just looking for one for the garage or to carry with you? walmart carries a small one that's only like 5 bucks that's small enough to put on your key chain, i carry it everywhere with me and it works wonderfully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ldavis - Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure of the quality of all of the various gauges out there (ebay had a ton). Don't want to carry it with me - just one for the garage.

JohnnySpeed - :bitchslap:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I've got one hooked up to my compressor, its a Dunlop device (the sort you might find at a local gas station etc.

If not, I have some tyre gauges which were made in England which i use - they don't make them like they used to!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
how good does it have to be? if it's digital it's pretty accurate.
I hope your not an engineer.

digital means it has a accurate display to a set amount of precision, one that humans can read without having to guess or allow for errors in how they read it (such as parallax errors)

But that doesnt mean that its measurement is either accurate or precise - Accuracy and precision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
no i'm not an engineer and thanks for nothing.. seriously? we are trying to measure in psi.. we're not measuring in millionths or even thousandths..

·
Registered
329 Posts
ldavis - Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure of the quality of all of the various gauges out there (ebay had a ton). Don't want to carry it with me - just one for the garage.
JohnnySpeed - :bitchslap:
I don't know what's available in your neck of the wood. Here is a link to a product test for gauges. I have purchased on their recommendation before & it has turned out to b good.
Whatever you choose, take into account how easy it would be to use it on a bike wheel.
I bought the race X pro few years ago & it is ace & doesn't need batteries:thumb:
Here is the link: Tyre gauges test | Products | Auto Express

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I have a cheapy little digital one made by Slime. its worked good so far. At my last track day it was cold and I was 2psi off my hot pressure the first session, adding the 2 pounds made a huge difference. so judging by tire feel and recommended hot pressure from Pirelli I'd say its pretty accurate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bonjo - you are the man - thanks!

I found the top rated gauge on Amazon (it's goes by the name of Accutire instead of Michelin, but it is the same device).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i've got a AccuGauge (i think that's what it's called) it's nice, works great so far. flexible hose, rubber cover, air release valve. i think it was around $15 roughly. measures up to 60psi i believe.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bonjo - you are the man - thanks!
I found the top rated gauge on Amazon (it's goes by the name of Accutire instead of Michelin, but it is the same device).
Thanks again!
Good new.
Let us know how you get on cause I am looking for a smaller one to carry in my pocket:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've got a AccuGauge (i think that's what it's called) it's nice, works great so far. flexible hose, rubber cover, air release valve. i think it was around $15 roughly. measures up to 60psi i believe.
I own 2 different style AccuGauges and the nice feature is that they will recalibrate them for free for the life of the gauge. It is a good service and they make a good gauge! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts