Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting code 35 on my 954 could i eliminate the servo motor for this bike and still use stock exhaust without hurting the motor or do i leave the servo motor in place and just diconnect the cables comming from the airbox and the ones from the exhaust can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible and safe for the moter

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know what the code is. You can gut the servo and leave the adapter in place or you can remove the cables. I will say though, it doesn't make it run much better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i just remove the cables i dont have to do anything else and it wont hurt the motor i just ran out of money and want to ride

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i mean is i can just remove the cables without modifiying the air box or exhaust the servo and the part it connects to are both stuck and dont move

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wont turn so ill just remove it what about the airbox do i gta take that flapper out is this gonna make the bike run lean or rich what is it all for any way

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is all there to help give you more torque at lower RPM's and helps quiet it down for noise standards. You can gut the airbox, remove the servo and cables and remove the the exhaust valve. It will cause your biike tu run differently. If you have a Power Commander play with some maps, if not run it and see what you think.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im gna give it a try now ill let ya know how it went i was just worrying about damageing the motor

·
Registered
397 Posts
i removed servo and flapper in both of my 929's without any problems at all.

just make sure you warm the bike up to temp before riding it. If i just start it and get going before the bike reaches 120 there will be a flat spot in the power around 6k rpm.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Take out the two cables from exhaust, remove valve , undo nut holding plat to valve, Put a couple of penney washers nut and bolt through hole left and bolt back up, then undo cable for flaper if servo is not working, pull cable fully bend it over and cable tie it, that will leave flapper fully open and saves a lot of work. if servo still working you wont need to and it will open and close flapper at right revs.....If servo gone red light and fi light will stay on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i did it the light stays red and it dont like to start now but after it does it idles real low under 1k rpms then after it gets a little warm it idles normal anyone else have this issue or know what the problem is

·
Registered
136 Posts
The problem is that you removed a bunch of equipment that Honda designed to be on the bike and didn't get it retuned. We have all told you there will be issues. It's part of modifying something.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dnt have a power comander the bike runs good after it warms up is there any ways you know of to retune without the pc

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i dnt have a power comander the bike runs good after it warms up is there any ways you know of to retune without the pc
There are other tuning devices but no, there's no way to alter the fueling in the ECU without an external device.
Making sure all the maintenance is spot on would help, especially synchronisation and valve clearances.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are you saying the have to be just all in spec or all the same clearaance i basicly did the mod to save money from buying a new servo damn i guess back into the wallet for a pc would a pc come with maps

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i need to check the valve clearances because this motor does not have the loud valve train like most 954s have its almost scary quiet

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
are you saying the have to be just all in spec or all the same clearaance i basicly did the mod to save money from buying a new servo damn i guess back into the wallet for a pc would a pc come with maps
In spec is sufficient but you can expect it to idle more smoothly if they're all the same.
Maps are freely available from their website.
Which position did you set the HTEV in?
Have you tried the other two positions to see if it makes any difference?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i think i need to check the valve clearances because this motor does not have the loud valve train like most 954s have its almost scary quiet
How high is the mileage?
It never hurts to check them and it's worth recording the clearances so next time you check you can extrapolate to roughly when they'll need doing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Valves are supposed to be checked at 16,000 miles. The synchronization has to do with the throttle bodies, not the valves. Like you said, the bike runs fine after it warms up. Save up for a Power Commander (maps are available on their website, and it allows you to adjust them). Just let the bike warm before you ride it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts