Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I have discovered that riding my motorcycle in December is very cold. I see all these fancy heated gloves and vests that I see the Harley guys, Goldwing guys, and BMW RT guys seem to be wearing. My question is can I use any of that stuff on the CBR 1000RR? I don't see any electrical outlets on the bike that this stuff would attach too. Could I add an outlet? Is it expensive, or hard? thanks.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
a lot of the heating stuff is batter op. but yes, you can add a dc outlet to ur bike

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have some Widder Electric stuff (gloves, vest and chaps) that I bought in December of 2004. They were carried at cycle gear and the outlet was sold there as well. They even had in-line thermostats. I don't know if you can still get them, but the install was simply attaching the pig-tail to the battery posts.

I used to use the hell out of them, but I don't have the luxury of riding to work any more, so I only use them every once in a while.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know if you can still get them, but the install was simply attaching the pig-tail to the battery posts.
does your gear have a male cig/accessory plug if so:
The quickest way to add that is to go to a auto parts store and get a adapter that is a female cigarette/accessory socket on one side and pos and neg battery clamps or ring terminals on the other, attach to battery and run it out from under the seat. That way you don't have to cut any factory wiring and you can simply pull it off in the Summer. You could even get fancy and change the end of a trickle charger to a male accessory plug (be sure polarity is correct) and use that to charge it up while it's sitting. But be warned these bikes have limited availability of extra juice so you may have problems trying to run more than one accessory at a time, especially when idleing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just hooked the pig tail from Widder straight to the battery posts and ran the end that attaches to the vest out from under the seat. When I'm not using it I tuck it into the passenger peg. It's almost invisible and it took 5 minutes. No worries about it turning off and on with the ignition because when I'm off of the bike there is no vest/gloves/chaps so the circuit is open. The pig tail is the female side of the connector, so there is no exposed wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts