Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a low speed off last August and my swingarm was dented. Have looked into replacing swingarm but it looks a nightmare so i thought id try and repair it in situ like a chemical metal thing for aluminium heres the photos do you think i could sort this? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
My take is: Do you want a proper repair or a simple patch up?

With that sort of dent I think it might be out of alignment. I wouldn't be happy with any chemical filling or whatever you had in mind.

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and stump up cash for a proper job.:wink

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just took my swingarm off for the first time a few days ago and it was simple. I would just replace it. Take the opportunity to upgrade to a 954 swinger while you are at it. They look better and are lighter so you can tell yourself you are just upgrading

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,148 Posts
My 93 has a few dings in the swing arm from an off (not mine), I just live with it.

One is almost through the bracing, the other is where the left peg dented the side wall of the main arm.

I can post pics later, but would like a better pic of yours.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
If it's cosmetic then you will only make it look even worse by adding filler, unless you are going to paint the entire swingarm. If it's dented bad enough to weaken the arm, then chemical metal won't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts