Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't find the archives and also while pulling the tank up to get the top of the airbox off i had a little gas leak out never done it before i'm a little concerned

lastly is there a small hose that is suppose to be connected to the gas tank to the left of the pump... i see a small port and a large one the lage one has a hose but the small one doesn't i wondering if it slipped off :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Sirkbac has a web site with detailed directions.. That's what I used... :clap:

Here you go..

http://www.cbr929rr.com/pair.htm


Oh, make sure you thank Sirkbac for the help and a great site.. :thumb:


BTW- The small tube is an air vent tube.. The larger one is the overflow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
Basically all you need to do is unplug the solenoid, unhook all the hoses and cap the 2 small nipples on the valve cover and then cap the larger one on the airbox. You know there is no gain in performance doing this, just reducing some popping in the pipe.
Here are some pics from my XX, basically the same idea........
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,900 Posts
superRR said:
can't find the archives and also while pulling the tank up to get the top of the airbox off i had a little gas leak out never done it before i'm a little concerned

lastly is there a small hose that is suppose to be connected to the gas tank to the left of the pump... i see a small port and a large one the lage one has a hose but the small one doesn't i wondering if it slipped off :idunno:
I think you're talking about the vent tube that goes to your tank (smaller port). I believe if you follow the tube that extends down through the middle part of the bike and ends through the small opening of bottom fairing, follow that tube back up and you should see where it 'T's off the main vent tube. Trace that one back and see if it's connected to your 'smaller port' under the gas tank, to the left of the pump (if you're looking at it from above).

BTW, the pair valve mod eliminated that annoying popping and according to an exhaust manufacturer, will allow exhaust can packing to last longer before repacking is required.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Sirkbac said:
Thank you.
No problem.. You've helped me with 929-954 part interchangability plenty of times... Now if you could just help me to get this damn Micron to stop making my bike hesitate so damn much!! :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
VA929RR said:
Now if you could just help me to get this damn Micron to stop making my bike hesitate so damn much!! :crying:
Give it to me, problem solved! Full system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Sirkbac said:
Give it to me, problem solved! Full system?
:nono: :rotfl: :nono:

Bolt on......W/BMC (per your advise), pair mod and flapper pinned down..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
VA929RR said:
:nono: :rotfl: :nono:

Bolt on......W/BMC (per your advise), pair mod and flapper pinned down..
No problems with my bike hesitating, I don't have the flapper pinned down though. PCIII?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Sirkbac said:
No problems with my bike hesitating, I don't have the flapper pinned down though. PCIII?
:thrdjack:

PCIII's in the mail... I wish it would hurry and arrive.. Just seems to be running WAY to lean... :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SuperDave said:
I think you're talking about the vent tube that goes to your tank (smaller port). I believe if you follow the tube that extends down through the middle part of the bike and ends through the small opening of bottom fairing, follow that tube back up and you should see where it 'T's off the main vent tube. Trace that one back and see if it's connected to your 'smaller port' under the gas tank, to the left of the pump (if you're looking at it from above).

BTW, the pair valve mod eliminated that annoying popping and according to an exhaust manufacturer, will allow exhaust can packing to last longer before repacking is required.
perfect explaination i think the hose came off when i pulled the tank up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Sirkbac said:
Anyone know the inner diameter of the crank case breather hose?
I think if anyone would know this one it would be YOU Mr.!!

Just kiddin', and no I have no stinkin' idea. :huh:

**edit** nice webpage by the way, good pics and instructions. Thank you for putting it up :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
JakeT said:
nice page Sirkbac :thumb:

finally someone really mods the 929

JakeT.
Heh, and I always considered my bike "Lightly modified".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
yeah, it is lightly modified if you compare it to some of the suzuki TL's that are in the TLplanet.com. But when I started to read this honda forum I noticed that almoust no-one modifies honda. They change wind screen and exhaust, thats about it.

hell, tlplanet is full of guys that are building custom motors, there is more mods to TL's then to any other bikes out there.

I know, TL needs lot of mods to even keep up with stock 954:)

JakeT.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top