Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the people that know what their talking about say that they know when ot change the oil by just "feeling it". how do you just feel it?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Feeling it, huh? That's a new one on me! Not to say there isn't something to it, but I've never heard of it. Now, when you say "feel it" it an anatomical sense, I can relate! I don't have to explain this, do I?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Bacchus said:
Feeling it, huh? That's a new one on me! Not to say there isn't something to it, but I've never heard of it. Now, when you say "feel it" it an anatomical sense, I can relate! I don't have to explain this, do I?

So Baccus, with a bandana on your eyes can you give aproximation of age by feeling it (the left nipple I mean bleeder :rotfl: )

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Really? Huh. New one to me too. I can definitely feel the difference between old and new oil, but once that little bit quicker feeling wears out, maybe that's when it's time to change oil?

(But wouldn't that means oil change like every 500 km?)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Well, maybe by the taste....

:smilebig:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You been hanging out with wrastlers? The term is checking the oil. Kinda like a not so friendly reach around. :eek:

Heh ... I remember Frank in the 110 class checking the oil on this lil chicky that another highschool pit him against. He went to state finals too. Dam that was a long time ago. :huh:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Maybe they were talking about "feeling it" when they stick their ding a ling in some astroglide oil :idunno:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
trey said:
A lot of the people that know what their talking about say that they know when ot change the oil by just "feeling it". how do you just feel it?
Use the force, Luke...uuum....trey... :D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hahahaaaaa... I just love it when a new post poses a serious query, and it just simply degrades in a matter of moments. trey, here is a suggestion: try using a palm full of new oil, then a palm full of oil with a coupla thousand miles on it. Let us know if the difference in "feel" is different.

Sorry trey, all in good fun! :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:clap: i just want to thank all of you for your comments they all seemed to help in some way. I'll try to come up with some more questions for you smartasses! :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
It's pretty simple actually, when your shifter doesen't move anymore and/or the bike makes really metallic screeching noises amidst clouds of smoke, you need to change the oil. Typically you can rehone and replace rings at this time too unless you ran Amsoil, then all you need is a new filter.

Thats what I think most people mean by "feeling it", I typically look through the sight glass on mine - when I can't see through it anymore I change it. On my 954 that was somewhere between 3500-5000 miles with Amsoil mc specific oil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts