Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the book to my 2006 CBR1000rr and can't find anything. Bad eyes...who knows. Anyhow, the indicator came on solid amber. Based on mileage, I'm guessing I have 2 gallons left. Does the indicator blink as you get lower or turn red etc? So far, I've been filling it up whenever the amber gas light goes on but that too becomes a pain. Just need the run down on this thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Re: Can someone explain the gas guage on a 1000rr?

You have about 1 gallon left, it doesn't blink or change color and you'll know your real low when the engine shuts off with no input from you.

If you keep track of your gas mileage over the course of a couple of tanks, you can estimate how much range you can get when the light comes on.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts

I read the book to my 2006 CBR1000rr and can't find anything. Bad eyes...who knows. Anyhow, the indicator came on solid amber. Based on mileage, I'm guessing I have 2 gallons left. Does the indicator blink as you get lower or turn red etc? So far, I've been filling it up whenever the amber gas light goes on but that too becomes a pain. Just need the run down on this thing. Thanks.
Nope, it just comes on and stays on when there's 1.06 gallons remaining.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You have about 1 gallon left, it doesn't blink or change color and you'll now your real low when the engine shuts off with no input from you.

If you keep track of your gas mileage over the course of a couple of tanks, you can estimate how much range you can get when the light comes on.
Ok. Now I at least know there are no other warning signs, so 40 miles and a stop is in order. I just rode to work and back with it on. So, I'd better fill up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I can get about 140 miles before the light comes on, and about 170 before i really feel like i need to fill up.

·
Registered
552 Posts

i get about 130 miles before the light comes on and ill usualy stop at the next station to fill up but iam also in the country and the next station could be 20 miles if on the hwy, i dont like to run it to the bottom of the tank, but that is just me.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

i get about 130 miles before the light comes on and ill usualy stop at the next station to fill up but iam also in the country and the next station could be 20 miles if on the hwy, i dont like to run it to the bottom of the tank, but that is just me.
:plus1: I'm not out in the middle of nowhere but you never know what will happen. I usually drive another 15 miles then stop at the first station I see.

But I only average about 30mpg. My light is coming on around 120mi. I don't know why though:evilaugh:

·
Registered
29 Posts

one time i had the idea that i would drive no faster than 75 and take it easy at onramps - even shift at the recommend shift points - to see what kind of mpg i could get. I didn't make it more than a few miles :idunno:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Yeh forgot about that blasted light on the 929. My viffer has a bar guage.. I feel spoiled

·
Registered
246 Posts

I get about 220 or 240km before my light comes on my 00' Japanese Spec 929....

·
Registered
375 Posts

Yeah, but you can't really go anywhere on Okinawa...:D ;)

I got somewhere around 182 miles when the light came on. There's gotta be something wrong with that. Maybe my husband is messing with my brain by adding some fuel w/o resetting the tripmeter...
The second tank came on @ 165, but I wasn't being gentle.:p

·
Registered
246 Posts

Yeah, but you can't really go anywhere on Okinawa...:D ;)

I got somewhere around 182 miles when the light came on. There's gotta be something wrong with that. Maybe my husband is messing with my brain by adding some fuel w/o resetting the tripmeter...
The second tank came on @ 165, but I wasn't being gentle.:p
Well that's true you are limited to where you ride MSgt. We usually ride the length of the island every Friday night we go from Naha to Hedo Point.....:patriot:

·
Registered
375 Posts

Well that's true you are limited to where you ride MSgt. We usually ride the length of the island every Friday night we go from Naha to Hedo Point.....:patriot:
with the lights off and your hair on fire...:rolleyes:
Some things don't change.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts