Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 954 and just want better sound. Power is enough, as-is. Has anyone tried modifying the stock exhaust can and received acceptable results?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Wouldn't happen just visit yout local salvage yard/ebay and score a used aftermarket can...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
hwy74 said:
I have an '03 954 and just want better sound. Power is enough, as-is. Has anyone tried modifying the stock exhaust can and received acceptable results?
Listen to the nupe. You'll wind up making your bike sound like sh*t.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
or you can just take the can off and let the cone do it's thing :D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Like vultures to the carrion, we are. hwy74, hope you're taking all of this with a good sense of humor! :p

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Except me. Take me seriously. Always.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nomad said:
Except me. Take me seriously. Always.

A ton of you guys swear by hindle cans/systems..... i might have to do some research... in the mean time just get a Two Borthers C5 and call it a day.

·
Registered
755 Posts
It's a matter of opinion,I removed the main baffle plate,and I think it sounds much better than stock.I do plan to get a full system and pc3 one day.If you have a 49 state,you should cut the cone too.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
You can take the can off and saw the cone off. Then drill a few more holes in the front of the can (through the hole).
A friend of mine has done this and it sounds cool! :cool: :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel inducted in to the group, LOL. :D Absolutely agree that the best thing would be to get an aftermarket can, but need the cash for tires right now. Sounds like the cone removal and holes in the first baffle might do the trick. Do you have to cut off the cone for aftermarket cans anyway?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
hwy74 said:
Do you have to cut off the cone for aftermarket cans anyway?
Yeah that cone is gonna have to come off for a new can. make sure you put a new blade on that saw......

·
Registered
105 Posts
The cone only HAS to come off for a twobros can. Otherwise, most other cans will work with the cone on. However, I have a micron bolton with the cone cut off and it sounds mean and throaty at idle to 5k, after that it just fookin screams!! I recommend the micron when you are ready. I got a black annodized al can that looks awesome and sounds even better!! Quailty is top notch too!! It was $422 shipped to my door though!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the info Brian. I just returned from the hardware store where I purchased a shiny new blade for my hacksaw! The cone is outta here. :rotfl:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, if you take the cone out, the engine will blow away!! Just kidding... Just tell me the result 'cause i have a leo vince bolt on, and if by removing the cone it makes more noise, count me in!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It makes more noise.....now go cut it!!! Also, I put the Micron on before I cut the cone and ran it like that for 1k miles before I cut the cone, and I felt NO power loss and no negative effects on throttle response. But yes, more sound....actually different sound, esspecially when at open gas with high revs. It just SCREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts