Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have to take my glasses off then the helmet. Or take glasses off and put helmet on the put glasses on. Is anyone able to put their helmet on without taking glasses off? If so what brand? And no flip-ups I mean Snell approved :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
No way. The one time I tried (forgot, duh) I wound up with a couple of nice furrows right above my nose from the nose pads digging in :O

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
ummmm....ouch. :nono:

·
Registered
847 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I always have to take my glasses off then the helmet. Or take glasses off and put helmet on the put glasses on. Is anyone able to put their helmet on without taking glasses off? If so what brand? And no flip-ups I mean Snell approved :)
Not if you bought the right size helmet...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Actually would be kind of nice to have the flip-up helmet. If the safety and weight is equal then it doesn't seem like a bad way to go.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
2OHOH2 said:
No way. The one time I tried (forgot, duh) I wound up with a couple of nice furrows right above my nose from the nose pads digging in :O

I have tried this method as well :rolleyes: I can't wait to get my eyes done :D it will just be nice to actually have peripheral vision again

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
sheepofblue said:

Nope. When I wore glasses, I'd always try on helmets. Some I could fit the glasses in, and there were some helmets were it was impossible. But I always had to take them off to put on a full-face helmet.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Scratch said:
Actually would be kind of nice to have the flip-up helmet. If the safety and weight is equal then it doesn't seem like a bad way to go.
Just be aware that they aren't acceptable for trackdays...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I always have to take my glasses off then the helmet. Or take glasses off and put helmet on the put glasses on. )
Some things are that way for a reason....try putting your underwear on after your pants this morning and report back with the reaction you get at work... :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scout said:
"- Meets or Exceeds All major worldwide safety standards and tests"

http://helmetharbor.com/streethelmets/helmets/kbc/opening.htm

KBC FFR

This makes me think it's SNELL, so it might be worth a look. A riding group buddy already bought one, and swears by it...
Nope no Snell approval on lifting lids. Guy at work has one and likes it but no Snell sticker. He claims it is because of the potential for obscured vision if lifted.

Thanks all. I figured the answer might be no, but was hoping someone would claim a different shape due to brand would be a fix.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Ya know, I have a set of "glasses" for the face mask of my firefighter SCBA that is basically a set of eyeglasses without the ear pieces that has a suction cup over the nose bridge. If you could find a place that sells those you could just stick them to the inside of your shield and not worry about it.

:idunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts