Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an Arrows exhaust system fitted to my RRX Blade. One of the flanges has rusted away, thus leaving me with a slightly blowing exhaust. Is there any way of fitting something that will hold the downpipe onto the manifold without me having to replace the downpipes completely? The other flanges are fine, and the bolts are all able to be removed (I've loosened them all and re tightened to check)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi, I have an Arrows exhaust system fitted to my RRX Blade. One of the flanges has rusted away, thus leaving me with a slightly blowing exhaust. Is there any way of fitting something that will hold the downpipe onto the manifold without me having to replace the downpipes completely? The other flanges are fine, and the bolts are all able to be removed (I've loosened them all and re tightened to check)

Are you sure it's not just a bad flange gasket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, pretty sure its not the gasket, as there are 2 bolts securing each flange, and the other 3 are fine. Isn't the gasket inside the exhaust anyway?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
No, pretty sure its not the gasket, as there are 2 bolts securing each flange, and the other 3 are fine. Isn't the gasket inside the exhaust anyway?

No, the gasket fills the gap between the exhaust pipe and cylinder head. It would be very unlikely that more than one would fail at one time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would probably replace the gasket, but it is the flange that has rusted away, so I can't pull the pipe onto the manifold....there must be something that could be made to do this. How about cutting 2 flanges and fitting them around the pipe?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I would probably replace the gasket, but it is the flange that has rusted away, so I can't pull the pipe onto the manifold....there must be something that could be made to do this. How about cutting 2 flanges and fitting them around the pipe?

Can't you weld the hole up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts