Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well - @#%^!

I guess I am getting older. I have had fighter pilot vision my whole life and that stopped in the last year. Today I went to the optometrist and had a wonderful eye exam. My left eye seemed to be getting a little weaker than my right eye, and it turns out I went out the door with an *as needed* prescription. Yes. I get to wear glasses when I am night driving or when I want some help with street signs. The Dr said do NOT wear them all day, or when on the computer...as little as needed.

I am very happy, and consider myself to be very lucky to have had perfect vision my whole life, and do not see this as the end of the world by any means...but looks like I need help to focus...well visually anyway.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
heck, I can't see at all...I use my centuries mastered Ninja powers when I ride. :rotfl:

Actually, I do wear glasses. Not a big deal. I just hope my vision doesn't deteriorate as I get older.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
If it makes you feel any better bombs, this summer I got a (reasonable sized) piece of metal lodged in my eye. Despite what others may tell you, getting metal out of your eye is fun :thumb: anyways - part of the restorative process was giving me eye tests, and my last one my vision actually improved to 20/15 now.

I think it had to do with working on a college campus though , lots of exercise there ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
i'll give you sympathy. I have to wear glasses for the first time too. it sucks. But, if i don't wear 'em, i just can't read signs. but i tend to know where i'm going anyway, so i don't wear them while riding.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Diesel954 said:
Lucky you...I have been legally blind for most of my life. Something like 20/400 or so. I cant even read the second line on an eye chart.
Welcome to my world....I couldn't even read the big E on the chart....:crying:
Couldn't wear contacts, so I was slave to big glasses, and all the limitations they put on an outdoor lifestyle.

That's primarily why I was willing to take the "risk" of Lasik. I know that some folks consider it to be a risky elective procedure....but for people like me, the benefits far outweigh the "risks". It has been a life changing decision for both me and my wife. Every day I am thankful for the brilliant people that are responsible for making this even possible.... :nworthy:

Sorry for the threadjack SMTB... :O
As far as diminished vision goes, I am beginning to feel the effects of aging as well...presbyopia that is. Some days it is worse than others. You can actually attribute the daily changes to certain factors...something that is completely lost on the lucky people with good vision. I would imagine that like most people, I will have to wear reading glasses at some time in the future. Not looking forward to it...but that's the facts of life for most...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've worn spectacles or contact lenses since age 11 and am now on varifocal glasses. I envy those with good natural eyesight, but don't think twice about using my visual aids.

·
Registered
803 Posts
SMTB,
Same here. I am 37, and am wearing glasses and contacts for the first time in my life. My one concern has been that until this year, I had never had a formal eye exam. Now my vision is only -0.5 which is the second weakest contact prescription they can give. I wonder if maybe I have been one or two clicks off my entire life, and just managed to get through. You know how you can see the chart and know what the letter is even though you can't make it out clearly. I do know that with glasses, it's damn clear.
Fig

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Better check your nuts, I'll bet they're starting to sag.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

20/10 Vision here. But I think that just means that when it starts to go, it will hit me harder. I'm already turning the lights up in the cockpit a little brighter than the new co-pilots coming through the system. If you really want a shock, just a few years ago I was the "young guy," having been born in 1971. We're getting people back now that were born in the 80's. :eek:

Hopefully the vision is the first (and only) thing to go. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts