Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if canada fireblades are U.S. specs or are they euro. specs? And i wish they would bring the name FIREBLADE to the U.S.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
This year will get the exact same colour as the US. Both web sit shows the same spec and everything.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They're US spec with different color schemes IIRC
According to the Honda Canada website, the CBR1000RR will have the same color schemes as the US. I believe the color schemes were different for Hondas in Canada a couple years ago, but looks like they've been the same as the US over the last year or so.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Canadian bikes were Euro spec up to the 2000 model 929. From 2001 going forward, US and Canada have the exact same spec and color/colours. I think it originally had something to do with the KM/Mile thing, but once it went digital, they had no need to use the Euro spec ones up here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
firebladetoronto said:
The Canadian bikes were Euro spec up to the 2000 model 929. From 2001 going forward, US and Canada have the exact same spec and color/colours. I think it originally had something to do with the KM/Mile thing, but once it went digital, they had no need to use the Euro spec ones up here.
As the US owner of a Canadian 01 929, I can say this is exactly correct. The only difference between my bike and a US bike is that I got owners manuals (and stickers, woo hoo) in two languages, and my bike has 8lb more load capacity than the US bike. (Obviously Honda has different lawyers in Canada!) Everything else is exactly the same.

·
Registered
497 Posts
blastoff99 said:
and my bike has 8lb more load capacity than the US bike. (Obviously Honda has different lawyers in Canada!) Everything else is exactly the same.
:huh: I'm confrused about why y'all get 8lbs. more capacity.

·
Registered
497 Posts
:pointup: That seems to be the case. :cheers2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only difference that I know of is some of the bikes that go down south have catylitic converters on them :idunno: The California model in particular
They just passed some new emmission laws up here and all our bikes up here have to comform to them by 2006 :nono: Wich will probably put the cost of manufacturing up and us Bike buyers will have to pay for it :evilaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts