Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
thats very consistent with everything I have read... I like a bike that hooks up and GOES! :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
every review I read continues to cement my decision to purchase one of these bikes...exactly what I'm looking for...rideability in a liter bike...

now, for the really important decision....which color??? :eyebrows:

good find, soon2b954 :thumb:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I like this quote

"First impression? The 1000 feels like it’s carved out of one solid piece of billet aluminum. It is without a doubt, THE most stable sportbike I’ve ever swung a leg over. The excellent 600RR felt skittish by comparison and it’s difficult to believe that a bike with the 1000RR’s prodigious power can be so composed.
The engine pulls like a freight train from idle all the way to the rev limiter and the dual stage fuel injection is completely transparent to the rider- i.e. there are no power spikes or “hits” anywhere in the rev range."

And the fact Jordan Szoke is back on a Honda!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
QuikMike said:
every review I read continues to cement my decision to purchase one of these bikes...exactly what I'm looking for...rideability in a liter bike...

now, for the really important decision....which color??? :eyebrows:
Purchacing one these bikes will just transfer the itch into another form. These reviews are not helping the 3,5 months wait I still have before delivery of my 1000RR. Which colour? All black of cource. If you like like the euro black/grey, I will plastic-swap any day of the week :D

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
GhostRider said:
There's no other colour than red :smilebig: and it's faster too. ;)
Normally I'd agree with you, Ghost, but methinks on the '04 that the all-black is the shnizzle. On anything pre-'04, RED RULES (see avatar at left).

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Normally red would be the color of choice but I hate the new colors schemes, I would go for black this time round, but I'm sticking to my 954 for at least a few more years yet, maybe 2006 :eyebrows:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
What happen to everyone saying it's overweight and underpowered :idunno:

:pointup:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the Tool that wrote that article was a journalist first, and a Bike expert a distant second! First of all he doesnt seem to know the difference between Rear Wheel HP as measured on most dynos and manufactures claimed HP which is always at the crank! Then his comments about the increased stroke.
"The motor is based on the 954 but essentially all-new, with the additional capacity garnered by increasing the stroke but not the bore. This is a bit of an oddity in today's world of ever-rising redlines (requiring short strokes), but one that Honda justify with a big emphasis on torque and acceleration rather than pure top-end"
As the 954 was the most oversquare of all the litre class bikes in 2002/2003 and the increased stroke is simply bringing it in to line with what the other manufactures had already been doing! Other than these nit pickings he seems to have the same veiw as most other reveiw Ive read so far and the Blade sounds like it going to be an excelent bike to ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts