Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal, i own a 01 929 so recently whenever i hit a decent bump on the road there's this strange noise coming from the front and kinda like squeaking real loud. a few months ago when i went to eve suspension i was told that i needed to replace my head bearings but i haven't had time to take the bike to the shop so when i was coming from job i stopped by some shop and told them about the issue and the guy told me that it wasn't the head bearing that it was something else. so back the other day is i was washing the bike i twisted the rotors and it sounded just like when i hit a bump but less noisy. the sound is driving me crazy and i think everytime i hit a bump im hurting my baby. any thoughts?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bad, what i did was like moving the rotors with my hand in opposite ways and i got the same sound but not that loud as when i hit a bump. someone told me that it was the wheel bearing so i used the front stand to check it but the wheel rotates freely without any sound.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I assume you mean moving rotor left/right, as opposed to round. I expect your rotors are floating like my 954, if they're spinning true, they should not flex the floating mounts (the round "rings" joining the smooth disk rotor to the rotor hub), so the wheel bearing theory seems to make sense: Under no load it'll spin true, but on a bump a failing bearing will move; if on one side only then the wheel twists sideways between forks, so callipers will pull their part of disks sideways, flexing the floating mounts as the disks turn.

If this theory is true then I'd get onto it, a collapsed front end would be messy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
could be that the fender is cracked at a mounting point and the flexing when you hit a bump will cause the fender to rub on the side of the rotor. Mine is doing it now as my front mounting has broken away,may need to replace with a carbon one me,thinks,cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not the fender. bike runs silently until we hit some bumps then its seems like it going to fall apart but when im standing still and push the forks down they dont make any sound at all, only when we hit bumps on the streets theres a screching sound comming from the front end and its driving me crazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts