Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am having a problem with my 2005 1000RR AKA Fireblade. Its like when i rev it it cant touch the red line doesnt matter if its neutral or in gear. i have checked the fuel pump pressure and its fine slightly more than 50 psi and i have installed new NGK spark plugs as well. The clutch plates are new but i didnt changes the pressure plates and the springs, as they seem to be OK. Another thing i d like to mention is that i also took a reading of the current going to the fuel pump and if i connect to the first positive (NEGATIVE IS COMMON) the current is 11.40 approx & when i connect to the second positive & turn on the key the current reading is 12.55 approx & comes back to zero after a sec or two...Total mileage on the bike is 25000 Kms... Please i need some help as its been a long time i havent riden my bike & now when i was about to, all the performance is lost... :((

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Give the battery a good charge, check valve clearance and carbs

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
How long has it been stored? Did you use any fuel stabiliser?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You were advising him to clean his carbs ... he doesn't have any. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
What's the bike doing? Is it just running out of oomph or is it limiting? Have you tried disconnecting from battery, letting it sit for a bit, then reconnect and start over? Not sure how to reset a newer ECU but my ignorance says if you remove power it'll reset?
Aside from not hitting redline does it seem to have normal power or lacking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys....Thx a lot for ur kind suggestions & i have found the problem finally..The problem was with the fuel pump :D it was having the correct pressure but wasnt pumping out the right amount of fuel. I hope u guys understand what i mean.... As the quantity of the fuel was insufficient it couldnt produce enough power to touch the red line...i have changed the fuel pump motor & its fine now...I didnt wanted to spend on the whole new unit of the fuel pump so i installed HONDA CIVIC fuel pump motor..hahahaha & its working fine... LOL :) thx guys again...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ummm not really but yes as compared to the UK... the temp around 23 during the day tym n around 14 at the nyt tym.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts