Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why Honda does not put headlight adjusters on the 954. Any one have the same problem, Riding at night and slow down to set in a corner and BAM the beam from the headlight is 6 foot in front of the tire. I thought about putting a set of PIAA on the lower fork for driving lights. :pissed2:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
You could adjust them on my 929, methinks the 954 should have adj. also, check the owners manual :idunno:

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried, nothing in the manual even tried asking the dealer,as if they knew something.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hammer said:
Tried, nothing in the manual even tried asking the dealer,as if they knew something.
You can adjust the low beam...but not very much. As you are looking at the back of the headlight, I seem to remember the screw being slightly left of center and mid light...hope this helps...never found any adjustment for high beams.

J

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You could try to shim the mount points if all else fails, it might make the headlight not so flush with the front fairing though

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Freq, you are right to an extent. In braking the front does dive a little but the low beam could stand to be raised. Thanks again. I am about finished with the wintertime upgrades. M4 full race exhaust, Castrol synthetic superbike oil, intake flapper tuck, K&n filter, PC3, scotts dampner, and going to get a local mechanic to set the suspension. I CAN"T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
998 Posts
My judgement is crap at night (I think my actual vision is ok just my perception of distance), I do not try to ride fast at night at all, if im on the bike for some reason I try to take it pretty easy regardless of how good the headlights are!

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear you Jungleboy, night riding throws me off as well. But around here it is real twisty and hilly. As far as high beams they are on.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hammer said:
Thanks again. I am about finished with the wintertime upgrades. M4 full race exhaust, Castrol synthetic superbike oil, intake flapper tuck, K&n filter, PC3, scotts dampner, and going to get a local mechanic to set the suspension. I CAN"T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:
2 things. 1)You spent a lot on power but zero on suspension, you cant just set it right, the bike has too little spring in the front, new ones are in order.
2) You said 'dampner' :nono: LOL BAHAHAHA :pointup: :whine:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts