Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Never

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
And if they don't hang then they could at least castrate them. Like you said the justice system is a joke, here in Australia 10 guys just walked on gang rape charge against a 10 year old.
You didnt mention that most of the attackers were juveniles (so Im guessing under 16). So you would kill or castrate them?

And supposedly the girl was a willing participant and there was no violence or threat. And while I agree a 10 year old is too young to give consent and that this is a rape, its a lot different to just lumping it in with most other rapes.
Prosecutor in child rape case stood aside - National - smh.com.au

The attackers were all found guilty, the under age ones had no conviction, a couple of older ones had suspended sentances.

And I agree the case was badly handled and it looks like the prosecutor will be in trouble and possibly loose their job. Id say the magistrate will also be in trouble.

And to put this into perspective - from the carefully worded news reports I gather this involved aborignals (with guidelines on reporting none of the news reports Ive read said they were aboriginal, but other comments like "Cape York indigenous communities").
There has been a lot of problems with aboriginals dying in police custody (some from being beaten, most from suicide) and there has been a push to not gaol them for minor offenses. I could easily see in this case that a magistrate might have leaned towards not putting 16 years old in goal and risk them dying.

These sorts of things are never black and white. Its a hard balance between guilt, punishment, protection of the community, deterrence and rehabilitation. Simplistic comments like "hang them" or "castrate them" is nice for a quick one line post but its never going to be a solution you can just blanket apply.

Certainly I dont think anyone would suggest that this is a case for a punishment as harsh as death or castrating.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Certainly I dont think anyone would suggest that this is a case for a punishment as harsh as death or castrating.
Your right I just get steamed when I hear this stuff and my response was probably over the top. I hate to think that victims of crime and their families continue to suffer while criminals get soft sentences and are free to offend again. So many people think it's all about revenge when it's just as much about sending a message. When a serious offender walks on a charge what message does it send to others who might be on the edge?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Your right I just get steamed when I hear this stuff and my response was probably over the top. I hate to think that victims of crime and their families continue to suffer while criminals get soft sentences and are free to offend again. So many people think it's all about revenge when it's just as much about sending a message. When a serious offender walks on a charge what message does it send to others who might be on the edge?
I think a bigger problem is the number of child deaths in some of these communities. Our fear over the "stolen generation" means that children are often moved from their drugged/drunk parents to a relative who is no better and the kid ends up dead. Its a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" situation.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
For those poor souls who have "done nothing" and are wrongly accused, sucks... it does not happen very often,
You are VERY wrong about this. So, would it be O.K. to simply kill YOU because you were the easy target of the procecution?
"Just like defense attorneys, the court's prosecuting Super Stars are NOT interested in justice; they are only looking for the quick score. " Would you like being their next easy score?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If there 200% guilty then fry the ****ers and make it hurt! Child killers, peodo's, murderers, people who have taken away human rights of others. Im fed up of those people who defend the way murderers are treated, ''what about there human rights?'', in my opinion they gave up the right to that defence when they took away the human rights of the person they raped or murdered. If we fry these people then we would have more space in the prisons to get the theives off the streets. We also need tougher jails, dont bloody give them playstations and money for sweets, some people who have never set a foot wrong dont even have those luxurys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
He was convicted of child abuse of the worse kind. Years later the truth came out, but he has no money to change the fact that he is branded for life.
Screw you assholes who think our courts are courts of justice. (nobody in particular, just anyone willing to, "Kill 'em all and let God sort it out" idiots!)
Our last line of defense is a jury of our peers. i would not want it any other way. It sounds like a jury let your friend down. Sorry man. do you have a web page with info as i would be willing to e-mail my outrage to the appropriate people.

As for capital punishment, I'm for it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You guys should come to sunny South Africa,and have a look at our crime rates,I dont even have to mention what they are,go check it out on the internet for youselfs.Friends of mine have been killed for their mobile,cell phones,yous don't know what the word crime means.I have been robbed twice of all my houshold goods,clothes furniture hi fi tv's everything.I dont think there is a family in SA that has not been a victim of crime or lost a loved one to murder,and I'm not not talking about white victims,I'm talking about all races creeds and colours.If I had my way I'd f****cking shoot these criminals myself,but over here you see,you are not aloud to,because the crimanal first has to shoot at you before you can shoot back,and if you just injure him and not kill him,THEN HE CHARGES YOU WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER,BECAUSE HE HAS RIGHTS.
GOOD GOD MU**ER F**CKER
Go figure that out
Cheers
Chukky:thumb: :sniper:

·
Registered
946 Posts
First of all the justice system really is not about justice at all it is about enforcing the LAW and providing a punishment for those who do not. One of the first things they will tell you in any law class is it is not about justice.
Second the punishment is not about making it all better. Yes killing the guy wont do that and either will anything else really. If you look at it like "killing the guy wont bring my daughter back" then you may as well not punish anyone for anything. Punishment really is about keeping them from doing bad things again and to provide consequences so people wont do bad things in the first place.
Third you cannot not punish people because someone may be found innocent later. Again then you may as well just let everything go unpunished and say "well we might find out later they did not do it so it would be wrong to punish them now. That is why they have appeals. There will never be a system where no one ever gets punished when they shouldnt have been. In reality too many people get off these days because we are too careful. If there is any possibility no matter how lame or unlikley it is they get off even when we know damn well they did it. The vast vast majority of people ARE guilty of the crime they are punished for. Far more people are not punished for their crimes then are punished.
Blame it on the lawers. Thee is too much playing loose with the law using showmanship and politics to decide a persons fate then actual facts these days. I think the legal system should be standardized where representation is equal between all parties so you cannot BUY your way out of it. Anyway we all know the down falls of our legal system and see it every day so I wont re hash all that.
As far as capital punishment I believe our punishments are too lax. If you are convicted of a crime that carries that sentence you get X amount of time to appeal it or whatever then you get axed. Not the current on death row for 20 years BS. Eye for an eye punishments get my vote too. If say you get your third DWI, wreck your car into someone kill a couple kids etc you should be chained to a loop in the middle of a parking lot. A member of the victims family gets to drive a car around and and clip, hit, do burn outs on you untill dead... and possibly for a while afterwards. If you say rape and kill a child you get a big R branded on your forhead you are not allowed to cover. You have no rights and anyone at any time can do as they wish to you or your property. If you are walking down the street and someone decides to walk over and hit you in the neck wth a bat so be it. If they feel like comming to your house throwing you out and taking over so be it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
with all of these fded up police, prosocuters, judges running around putting innocent people in jail...I have to vote for sometimes.If you caught the guy with the ax in his hand,then yeah chop his balls off.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its pretty f*cked up with new DNA technology the people have been in jail for decades are finally being cleared of their supposed crimes. How do you give a man back all those years? No amount of money can do that, but it helps. The people that put him away should be put on trial and let them experence some jail time.

As for the death penalty, totally against it. As much as we have seen law enforcement and the courts F*ck up, are you kidding me!!! All it takes is one high powered official with a hard-0n to take an innocent man down. The death penalty is also too easy of a punishment, life in jail is a far more severe punishment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it's called perjury and it should be a capital offense...

Perjury (also called forswearing) is the act of lying or making verifiably false statements on a material matter under oath or affirmation in a court of law or in any of various sworn statements in writing. Perjury is a crime because the witness has sworn to tell the truth and, for the credibility of the court, witness testimony must be relied on as being truthful. Perjury is considered a serious offense as it can be used to usurp the power of the courts, resulting in miscarriages of justice. In the United States, for example, the general perjury statute under Federal law provides for a prison sentence of up to five years, and is found at 18 U.S.C. § 1621. See also 28 U.S.C. § 1746.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
As for the death penalty, totally against it. As much as we have seen law enforcement and the courts F*ck up, are you kidding me!!! All it takes is one high powered official with a hard-0n to take an innocent man down. The death penalty is also too easy of a punishment, life in jail is a far more severe punishment.
Even if you had to pay for it out of your own pocket? My view is, the people that are against the death penalty should have to pay to house the criminals for the rest of their lives. Sounds fair to me. Put your money where your mouth is.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Of course they must be guity beyond any doubt.
Therein lies your problem. Several people who have been wrongly executed were later cleared years down the road in death bed confessions by the real killers.

I'm all for old testament justice but you should never take away from a man what you can not return, we are not god like beings that can raise a dead and buried man so he can resume his life.

This is one of the few point's where I truly differ from the ideals of my chosen political party.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
I personally don't believe the families should be given the guilty to kill or maim. That could have disastrous consequences on their already weakened psychology.

If it is to be done, it should be remembered why it is being done; to remove the threat of others meeting the same fate as the victims. There is no point in attempting to rehabilitate or gain redemption from someone who is about to die. It should be carried out relatively quickly and definitely cheaply. The electric chair is hardly a cheap or efficient method of termination and the meds being used today are costly.

In addition, where serial killers are concerned, the media should stop these news circuses - that's what these bastar*ds want. Take away their 15 minutes of fame!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts