Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Ive had a couple of older BM's, the E30 3 series is a great car and very reliable ive had three of those with no problems at all.
Also had a 95 5 series cant remember the E name but was a 516se, yes it was underpowered but never had one issue in 5 years of ownership and it had 100k on it when i bought it and 160k when I sold it! I even sold the 18" BBS wheels for 1k from it when the car only cost 1,200 so car cost me £200 for 5 years, now thats cheap motoring!! :)

have a PT cruiser now and that a different story..
Yay somebody who agrees on the E30! I have driven a few myself, and know people who swear by them.

The E36 are newer, but they are more of a headache. the 5 series were decent, just dont get a V8 haha.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Considering trading in my C5Z for a C6Z when the C7 vette comes out in hopes the price of the C6Zs drop.

My current baby (Only pic I have on the comp showing before and after of new antenna lol)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Come to think about Im looking for a cheap 4x4 just for the Winter (I like the Freelander, Rav4 or x-trail), your thoughts please :)
If they are available over there, I would highly recommend a 1987-1995 Nissan Pathfinder. The VG30E engine is all but bulletproof and will run forever. The are also very durable and very capable off-roaders.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
If they are available over there, I would highly recommend a 1987-1995 Nissan Pathfinder. The VG30E engine is all but bulletproof and will run forever. The are also very durable and very capable off-roaders.
Yip do get them here but out of my price range even with over 100k on the clock

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yip do get them here but out of my price range even with over 100k on the clock
(not intending to turn this into politics but it begs the question) What is wrong with yall's government over there; why is everything so unnecessarily expensive?
Six years ago I bought a 1995 Pathfinder SE 4x4 in NJ. I drove up with my cousin from Nashville to get it. It had $125,000 miles on it.
And even though the frame had (reparable) holes rusted in the frame, I paid $2500 for it. I wound up sellin it to my cousin for a farm vehicle (due to the frame rust), as it would be more suited to that. To this day I miss it and would have never sold it if the frame had no rust. He still uses it to this day.

I also almost bought another Pathfinder back in August. This was a 1993 XE 4x4 with 190K on it and the owner was asking $2200 for it and probably would've taken $1800.

Why is the cost of living so $#%$# high over there in Europe? It's worse than California, NY and FL, and those are still pretty high.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I've recently bought a Peugeot 407SW 2006 model 2.0HDi from my boss which is good as I don't have to pay him it all straight away, he's awesome like that fairplay. The only STUPID DUM idea they had was the Panoramic roof :huh::guns::loony: If you don't have the AC working in 100% in the summer YOU WILL BOIL TO DEATH what a ridiculous idea and of no use to the driver as you can't see out of it, you can only see out of it if you're sat in the backseats :rotfl::rotfl::eek:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I've recently bought a Peugeot 407SW 2006 model 2.0HDi from my boss which is good as I don't have to pay him it all straight away, he's awesome like that fairplay. The only STUPID DUM idea they had was the Panoramic roof :huh::guns::loony: If you don't have the AC working in 100% in the summer YOU WILL BOIL TO DEATH what a ridiculous idea and of no use to the driver as you can't see out of it, you can only see out of it if you're sat in the backseats :rotfl::rotfl::eek:
Cover it in that sticky backed tint that people black out their windows with:wink

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Cover it in that sticky backed tint that people black out their windows with:wink
I quite like a panoramic roof, it lets light in, my current Golf GTD is so dark, everything is black including the headlining.
It has a sliding screen on the inside which is pretty much permanently closed otherwise and even with the AC on you can feel the sun scorching the top of ya head :eek::eek::eek:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts