Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, hi all im new here! and now on to the point..... I went to balance up my carbs today, had a look at the blanking screws for the the vaccum pipes on my balancer and noticed that carbs two and three (the two middle carbs) are connected to each other by a bolt and hose via where the blanking screws should be. It doesnt mention anything in the manual about this and neither do the illustrations. I was just wondering is this a mod or something and is this going to affect the method in which i need to balance up the carbs?

Cheers,
booze.

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Firstly, hi all im new here! and now on to the point..... I went to balance up my carbs today, had a look at the blanking screws for the the vaccum pipes on my balancer and noticed that carbs two and three (the two middle carbs) are connected to each other by a bolt and hose via where the blanking screws should be. It doesnt mention anything in the manual about this and neither do the illustrations. I was just wondering is this a mod or something and is this going to affect the method in which i need to balance up the carbs?

Cheers,
booze.
:welcome: and na, balancing is still done the same, just disconnect the two central carbs and put your balancer on as normal.......

my Gix is the same.. 2&3 conected via a vacuum hose but also has 1&4 connected also:thumb:
I just disconnect the hoses and plug in my balancing oujamawatsit:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
badass! thanks man. Forks seals and re-con the shock next lol. Im giving her a bit of love as she was a bit of a tatter when i bought her. I'll post some pics when ive tarted her up. As for fairings, any recommendations as fairing repairs are extortionate round where i live. I want something aftermarket but still want it to look old school (im not into the modern looking bodywork they do for the nc23).

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
badass! thanks man. Forks seals and re-con the shock next lol. Im giving her a bit of love as she was a bit of a tatter when i bought her. I'll post some pics when ive tarted her up. As for fairings, any recommendations as fairing repairs are extortionate round where i live. I want something aftermarket but still want it to look old school (im not into the modern looking bodywork they do for the nc23).
:hmm: we like BEFORE fotos too:D

as for fairings..... Loopys plan was to buy odd panels of Ebay (the cheeper the better) and when she'd got a full set spray them up as she wanted

·
Registered
20 Posts
About the fairings: I bought a set from Ebay, the seller was moto777 although I do believe its all the same. Given that I somehow ended up paying 3 euros on customs charges it was a pretty good bargain. It would still be if I had paid for customs as my old fairings were pretty battered so fixing and spraying these would probably cost the same and with worse results. There are just a couple of things you need to have in mind: a) don't expect mounting them to be a matter of bolting them on. There's a bit of modding required. Nothing major, mostly drilling holes or dremmeling the existing ones a bit. In the end it looks very decent but don't expect OEM quality. Also some of the mount points, that is the plastic pieces that bolts go into are of dubious quality so you may need to redo some or add some sort of self-fabricated connectors to keep the various panels tighter together. This isn't necessary it just gives you a more secure feeling when handling the plastics. Also expect them to be a pain when removing and reinstalling.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results given my other options.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies all.... I was thinking of doing a photo diary of my how my 400 is coming along since ive stripped her down so i can see all the bits that are wrong with her. If thats way too boooooooring and anally retentive then lemme know!

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Thanks for the replies all.... I was thinking of doing a photo diary of my how my 400 is coming along since ive stripped her down so i can see all the bits that are wrong with her. If thats way too boooooooring and anally retentive then lemme know!
na.. DO IT!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Definitely not boring in any way, shape or form. There are a lot of guys and girls that would love to see that and it will help them with their bikes, too.

GFI :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,172 Posts
Its good to have pics.:welcome: :patriot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.