Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going to check my valves and noticed when i took my air box off there was blow by spray on my far right velocity stack ( not the normal residual but enough to hit the top of the air box lid) as i looked down through the throttle body i could see carbon build up sitting on top of the valve... i initially thought bad valve boot or valve guide but I have no blue smoke, no start up issues, no performance issues or idle problems..bike runs fine. My valves are still in spec compression is good spark plugs look good.... just dont want to put her all back together if there is something i can do. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So I was going to check my valves and noticed when i took my air box off there was blow by spray on my far right velocity stack ( not the normal residual but enough to hit the top of the air box lid) as i looked down through the throttle body i could see carbon build up sitting on top of the valve... i initially thought bad valve boot or valve guide but I have no blue smoke, no start up issues, no performance issues or idle problems..bike runs fine. My valves are still in spec compression is good spark plugs look good.... just dont want to put her all back together if there is something i can do. Any suggestions?

Is it the intake nearest the where the crankcase breathes into the airbox?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is... Which I expect it to have by there rather than spreading across all the rest. I think it's spraying hard because of the carbon build up on the valve is not letting all the gas in rather it's soaking up some gas causing a combustion and shooting it into the air box.. My real concern is why there's carbon on top of valve?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes it is... Which I expect it to have by there rather than spreading across all the rest. I think it's spraying hard because of the carbon build up on the valve is not letting all the gas in rather it's soaking up some gas causing a combustion and shooting it into the air box.. My real concern is why there's carbon on top of valve?

Because that cylinder is burning more of the oil-saturated air than the others. Sounds normal to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts