Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a problem with my carbs on my 95 blade and I'm supposed to be going away on it at the weekend so I need some urgent advice. When its running and you look down on the carbs with the air filter off and the engine running there is petrol permanently coming out of where the point of the needle enters the carb and its flooding up behind the butterfly on number 2 cylinder but the rest are OK, I've had them to bits and thoroughly cleaned them and blown them through with air and all seems in good condition so I'm baffled any advice gratefully accepted need it back on the road urgent,
Cheers

·
Registered
791 Posts
Float jammed? I've trapped one out of alignment when reassembling a cb-1 carb once and it couldn't shut. Or float valve seal isn't, or something in there is damaged or bent out of shape or alignment.

Get the carbs open again you know where the problem is go fix it. Carbs are symmetrical more or less, you can compare and look for the problem.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
A stuck float means no fuel shut-off to that carb once it's full, and eventually the fuel has to have somewhere else to go. My old KZ400 had a cracked float and would pour fuel out from the carb..... could've ended up real bad for me.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Does your float (float or sink) put in container with some gas and find out. Shake listen fshould, dry out side of it look for gas seeping out.
Clean your needle jet and besure its clean where it sits. Check see if Lil end to moves in and out like it should.

There is no adjustment on these plastic floats. No tab to bend :(

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi all,
I've got a problem with my carbs on my 95 blade and I'm supposed to be going away on it at the weekend so I need some urgent advice. When its running and you look down on the carbs with the air filter off and the engine running there is petrol permanently coming out of where the point of the needle enters the carb and its flooding up behind the butterfly on number 2 cylinder but the rest are OK, I've had them to bits and thoroughly cleaned them and blown them through with air and all seems in good condition so I'm baffled any advice gratefully accepted need it back on the road urgent,
Cheers

One or more float valves are leaking.
Either the float valve is dirty or worn, or the float height is wrong and it's not shutting off the flow.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This is one of those post like SKY91 was taking bout (pure tech support). Ask for help then no more feedback. Or further thanks for help or info.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
This is one of those post like SKY91 was taking bout (pure tech support). Ask for help then no more feedback. Or further thanks for help or info.

He did say he'd be away riding on the weekend ;-)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
On the bright side, he did have more than 1 post previous to asking for help. That is the one that drives me nuts. Create an account, skip the formalities, get help with your problem, then never return to the site. At least until another problem arises, then they start posting that problem as well.....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I hope he did get it fixed and overflow free for the weekend.
Sucks not riding. Especially over something like leaky float.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts