Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of thoroughly cleaning out the carburetors in my 96 F3.

I have the tank,airbox and stacks off. Do I need to take off the larger front fairings to get to whatever bolt(s) are holding the carbs in place? I want to be prepared for what's to come when I get time to do this (soon). I just need to get the carbs out as of now.

I also have my fuel pump off, going to test that out as well.

If there's a write up, how to, or if someone can just point me in the right direction as to what is keeping these in place, i would appreciate it.

Also, a little random question The larger black box (air filter?) that has the larger hoses routed as vac lines I'm guessing. does this have a filter element in it, or should it be hollow? the bike is old, so I attempted to "clean" it out. what came out was green/brown slimy, along with the little bit of water I poured in.

Again, thanks. I know there are manuals out there, but I'd rather (at this time) just hear from an individual who has done this. Once the carbs are out, I can clean them no problem. (thanks to other how to's and a friend who can help) I've not dealt with carbs much myself.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Again, thanks. I know there are manuals out there, but I'd rather (at this time) just hear from an individual who has done this. Once the carbs are out, I can clean them no problem. (thanks to other how to's and a friend who can help) I've not dealt with carbs much myself.
i realize youre looking for firsthand knowledge but it really sounds like you need to get a manual and understand whats going on in there. A parts microfiche can be a help too (ronayers.com has a great one)

Also, a little random question The larger black box (air filter?) that has the larger hoses routed as vac lines I'm guessing. does this have a filter element in it, or should it be hollow? the bike is old, so I attempted to "clean" it out. what came out was green/brown slimy, along with the little bit of water I poured in.
are you saying you poured water into the filter box to clean it? i really hope not, otherwise you need to get that thing apart now and get that water out of there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.