Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might switch things up shortly after I get back from the honeymoon. I think I might join up with the local PD. I have always kicked the idea around...but never did it. I did to the all the tests for the Vermont State Police, and I passed everything...I just fell into the job I am in now...so I never did anything with the VSP.

Right now I am doing Marketing/Sales/Quality controle/ customer cpu Networking/ Phone systems for a local telco. I am starting to get burned out from is, and the overall moral of the company is less then desireble. so...I am not too sure. Not to mention that the glass ceiling is really low here...I have been here 4 years and there are the people that do nothing, and the people that bust their ass...every one is treated the same...or the people that bust their ass end up doing all the work, and getting nothing for it.

Not to be a punk ass...but what are the typical starting wages for 5-oh? I have heard 40K plus overtime and bennies...I was like...yeah that will work! I have done multiple ride alongs in the past...and I know many of the guys here on the force.

I am kinda of unsettled on the whole thing, because I really do not, and cannot take a large pay cut. Also with the rugrats probably in the future, I have to think of them too.

any tips would be great!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Police work. This is the only career in which you can go to work sober, tired, broke, hungry and horny . . . and take care of all five needs in one eight hour shift.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Chain said:
Police work. This is the only career in which you can go to work sober, tired, broke, hungry and horny . . . and take care of all five needs in one eight hour shift.
:rotfl: :clap: :rotfl: :clap: :rotfl: :clap: :rotfl: :clap: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chain said:
Sometimes honesty is such a terrible thing. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well, most of the time, it isnt a quick experience, and it isnt like most jobs where you can go turn in an app whenever. Most cities here have hiring calls where they take apps for a week or two, then go through the process with them. If it is something you want to do, go for it. I think its nice going into work not having any idea what the day is going to bring.
Chris

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
DOOODE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we have enough cops in the world, be a criiminal. at least you can get rich off of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts