Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going on a 7 day cruise to 7 different islands at the end of October. My first cruise. Waaaaay kewl.
Anyway, I will be in St Lucia on the 26th and we have made reservations for a helicopter tour of the island which includes a flight over the 'smoldering' volcano they have there. I have never been on a cruise, never been to the Caribbean, and have only been in a helicopter once before so I'm pretty psyched.

Wanted to go swim with a bunch of dolphins and stingrays in a protected lagoon the day after in Antigua but they were booked. Going kayaking and hiking thru the rain forest instead. sweeeeet.

Hooray me!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : Wanted to go swim with a bunch of dolphins and stingrays in a protected lagoon the day after in Antigua but they were booked.
Man, now even dolphins and stingrays have agents

Sounds like a great time. Take piccies of the, ahem, wildlife please (tell the SO it's for the ORG, she'll understand ).

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ the dolphins.

OK. I went out and bought a 512 meg CF card and I plan on taking the laptop with me so I'll be coming back with a couple thousand photos or so.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
thecollectabletrader : Um, I don't remember you putting in for any time off.....
Then again, I'm drinking.

Why am I the last one to know?
Uhh... cause you're drinking?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Cool man!! Have a blast, I really enjoy it down there. Just make sure you have plenty of 1 dollar bills handy because you will be handing them out left and right. Not 100% sure about the ports-of-call but just about everwhere else there are any tourist concentrations expect to hand tips to just about everyone you meet.

St. Maarten seemed to be the only exception to that once outside of.. er.. what is the port town. . ah screw it. Take 1's and have a blast!!!!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhhh. OOOPs. Hey Nate, I'll be out a week in October.

Re: $$$$ We've been looking at that and it seems that EVERYTHING requires $$. Wanna go look at a waterfall? You have to pay a User access fee or some crap like that. Taxis are also apparently about $20-40 PER PERSON to get to your destination on the islands.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ratter1 : Hey, maybe I payed too much for that hindle if you can afford to go for a cruise right after I buy it.  
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : Quote (smkeatr @ Sep. 16 2003, 10:10am)Where are you cruising out of?
San Juan.

We'll be stopping over in Florida but we'll only be there for about an hour.
If it's here, that's long enough for a few beers...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve F : One word - Huricane season. Okay that's two words.  
Nah. End of October is the tail end of the season. Besides, Bermuda gets all the bad weather anyhow.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
smkeatr : Quote (nhfirefighter13 @ Sep. 16 2003, 9:39pm)Quote (smkeatr @ Sep. 16 2003, 10:10am)Where are you cruising out of?
San Juan.

We'll be stopping over in Florida but we'll only be there for about an hour.
If it's here, that's long enough for a few beers...
I'll find out which airport we'll be at.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts