Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me out. I recently bought some Carrozzeria wheels that were on a 929. I myself have a 954.

a couple of questions,

When dealing with the front wheel, do the wheels generally come with their own spacers or do I use the ones off my 954 on both sides?

second,

When dealing with the rear wheel, it seems like the rear wheel doesn't fit, its looks like its 1/8 of an inch larger then the 954. Is that right?

Can I put my own rear sprocket and rotor from my own bike, or does it use a different size?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Hey Guys,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me out. I recently bought some Carrozzeria wheels that were on a 929. I myself have a 954.

a couple of questions,

When dealing with the front wheel, do the wheels generally come with their own spacers or do I use the ones off my 954 on both sides?

second,

When dealing with the rear wheel, it seems like the rear wheel doesn't fit, its looks like its 1/8 of an inch larger then the 954. Is that right?

Can I put my own rear sprocket and rotor from my own bike, or does it use a different size?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wheels, axles, spacers, discs, sprocket and carrier are all the same.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If they are all the same, why is it the spacer in the rear wheel seems to be around 1/8 longer. I even used a string to measure from spacer to spacer of the 954 and 929.

I know I read somewhere where Carrozzeria wheels use a kawasaki rear sprocket type, just want to confirm.

THanks

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
If they are all the same, why is it the spacer in the rear wheel seems to be around 1/8 larger and can't be put in :(
Maybe it's the wrong spacer?
Is it different to your OEM one?
I would've assumed an aftermarket wheel would come with its own spacers. I'm surprised if they make numerous different hub widths.
Try contacting CZ and see if it's supposed to use stock spacers.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I know I read somewhere where Carrozzeria wheels use a kawasaki rear sprocket type, just want to confirm.
If you tell me the PCD (diameter of the bolt circle), number and diameter of bolts and centre bore I should be able to tell you what fits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have CZ on my 954...when I first got them the front wheel slotted in just fine..."using OEM spacers".

The rear was a different story....would not fit for love nor money...after measurements found disc side spacer (CZ supplied..Sprocket side was fine) was "3mm" too long.

Disc side spacer supplied was 38mm should have been 35mm.

Because this spacer is "stepped" had to be very careful how to measure dimensions. A "friend" took the spacer to a "friend" who had a lathe and WTF...trimmed it by 4mm instead of 3mm, even 1mm too much was too loose for fitting so contacted CZ, they were very helpful, sent them detailed dimensions and they made or supplied me a new one free of charge.

The rear wheel is now an incredibly precise fit.

Also understand not to torque CZ same as OEM...CZ torque is only about 2/3rd's of OEM.

Hope this can lead you into the right direction.:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds exactly how much longer the spacer seemed to be. So in the front, you just place your oem spacers? Just to make sure, the oem spacers in the front don't go into the wheels like in our stock rims, but just seem to go against them, correct?

As far as the Rear Sprocket, I heard it uses a kawasaki one, correct? Would you happen to know what year and model?

Thanks, I appreciate your help

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.