Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are guys with fastish cars Idiots. I swear there is not a day that I have ridden my bike that an imprexxa WRX, Mustang or anything else that has not tried to race me. Most of the time I dont even bother but there are other times when they reay get on my nerves.
What gives???

·
Registered
900 Posts
Its the chalange.....they drive fast cars for the same reason you ride a fast bike, if you feel unsafe with them behind you just wave them through , they will get the message.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is one guy in a WRX that heads to Ogden the same time I head there for school. Maybe the first week it was ok I had some fun with it but man it is just anoying now.
Its not that I feel unsafe it is just when I am out to just enjoy a ride it anoys the piss out of me.

·
Registered
900 Posts
ounds like he enjoyed the buzz of the run with you, I drive a modified car as well as ride the blade, and i get envolved in a few races , i do enjoy it as long as i feel the rider / driver is safe and confident.But if i feel he is not happy i overtake or back off wit a nod and dont race them again unless they race me. I recon you back off wave him buy a couple of time he will get the message.If that doesnt work blow him out of the weeds and he will avoid you like the plague......:eyebrows:

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Is it just me or are guys with fastish cars Idiots. I swear there is not a day that I have ridden my bike that an imprexxa WRX, Mustang or anything else that has not tried to race me. Most of the time I dont even bother but there are other times when they reay get on my nerves.
What gives???
Oh god I luv them especially scubby drivers, I didnt buy a blade to idle along at 55 :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :thumb:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Ahh they are all dreaming...

Don't let it get to you, just remember you'll be the one with a fine/points/losing your license for the few seconds of adrenaline.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fact are that in a straight line your bike will out accelerate most of the production sports car & out run a healthy bunch of it, so where is the beef? Maybe it is a question of challenging the person rather than the machine.
From my own experience, my advice is if you ever get drawn into a challenge, make sure it is a friendly one as all the parties concerned need to gel together to enjoy a safe & breathtaking ride/ drive.

There is a multi car dealership near where I live: Porsche, Ferrari & also Lambo (I think). Every now & then, I come across one of them on a straight dual carriageway & have some fun:evilaugh:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fact are that in a straight line your bike will out accelerate most of the production sports car & out run a healthy bunch of it, so where is the beef? Maybe it is a question of challenging the person rather than the machine.
From my own experience, my advice is if you ever get drawn into a challenge, make sure it is a friendly one as all the parties concerned need to gel together to enjoy a safe & breathtaking ride/ drive.

There is a multi car dealership near where I live: Porsche, Ferrari & also Lambo (I think). Every now & then, I come across one of them on a straight dual carriageway & have some fun:evilaugh:
I suppose if you are going up against something worth youre time it would be fun. But I have yet tyo find one. I have to say the only thing that came close to even a remote challage was a newer Chevy Deracrap truck. He would have killed everything else that has tried me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts