Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Castrol coloured 929 track bike build

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan_RR 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Introduced myself briefly in the introductions forum i'm a proud owner of a soon to be put on track 929 and a nice 954 road bike, hoping to start logging the work and track days on my 929 on Youtube. I did have a track day booked for yesterday at Llandow but cancelled due to Covid so gave me an excuse to go through the bike, haven't owned it long and i'm glad I've done this as found a couple little things I need to do, some will be in the next video as still recording it as and when I get time.

Let me know what you think, be gentle i'm not the best at talking on camera but all criticism welcome. Here's the link to the first episode:

Cheers Dan

#9 ·
So here it is, my first track day at Pembrey, absolutely awesome day but I did lowside in the second session :ROFLMAO: got it up and together for the rest of the day though (y)

Did quite an in depth talk about the day and how it runs if anyone is interested. Let me know what you think.

#10 ·
So here it is, my first track day at Pembrey, absolutely awesome day but I did lowside in the second session :ROFLMAO: got it up and together for the rest of the day though (y)

Did quite an in depth talk about the day and how it runs if anyone is interested. Let me know what you think.

Ouch Dan! Actually the crash didn't look that bad. So no soreness at all? Regardless, good stuff & informative video (y)

#15 ·
Understand that. In Sweden you are not allowed to enter Track Days unless you have real good skin suit and back protector. Every Track Day they inspect your bike and your clothes.
I did 5 Track Days before my gear box did´nt want to work in fourth gear anymore sadly. Know Bike is at mechanic for total overhaul on engine and gear box for maybe one more Track Day this year or ready for next year. Also have a movie here.

#16 ·
Ye over here in the UK we are pretty poor when it comes to safety and bike inspections unless competing, applies to a lot of motorsport over here to be honest. I've been keeping an eye on your thread, good watching your videos, I aspire to ride my 929 as quickly as you ride that 954 (y)

#17 ·
Made it to my 3rd track day, this time at Llandow, very small track in south wales but absolute blast. Organised off a forum called the south west bikers, this time I haven't talked about the day purely just edited in part of the last session which was the only session I filmed, didn't want to jinx it after coming off at my first 2 track days so left it to the end to film! Weather was lovely and sunny and gave some more confidence in the tyres when lent off.

#19 ·
The 929 sounds great :).
I think you have too wide corners. When you now apex they say here that the knee puck should be over curbs.
Then from film it is hard to say how breaking and all is but i have started to brake much harder and squezze my legs against tank to put of load from my arms.
Now i break so hard that rear end start to move and they say to put on load at pegs so bike stabilize again.
But we always have instructors here to ask things.
Next spring i will take race license to get more training days and i have a track only 40 km from home.

#20 ·
The 929 sounds great :).
I think you have too wide corners. When you now apex they say here that the knee puck should be over curbs.
Then from film it is hard to say how breaking and all is but i have started to brake much harder and squezze my legs against tank to put of load from my arms.
Now i break so hard that rear end start to move and they say to put on load at pegs so bike stabilize again.
But we always have instructors here to ask things.
Next spring i will take race license to get more training days and i have a track only 40 km from home.
Thanks, ye the first corner particularly I wasn't braking as hard as I was at the Llandow trackday before this one but really struggled to find a decent braking marker at Pembrey and as I say in the back of my mind I thought I didn't want to come off again. Ye I would love to be touching my sliders on the apex's, unfortunately I haven't quite got off the bike enough/or fast enough to slide the knee on the floor, I can't be far off lol. That's amazing to have a proper track that close, very jealous! Good luck with the race license, I think I need years of practice before any racing could start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.