Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on casual looking riding pants? I know the "real" thing is much better but I also have to work.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Or, invest in an Aerostich, which is designed to be worn over street clothes. A few zippers and about 10 seconds is all it takes to remove it once you're at work.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Ivo said:
Any recommendations on casual looking riding pants? I know the "real" thing is much better but I also have to work.
BMW makes some pretty good black jeans. Saw them in their catalogue. Looks like they have pretty good protection too. Bet they're pricey as well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I wear Joe Rocket Phoenix pants over my work pants when I ride to work. Works for me the last couple of years. :)

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
gotta agree with the draggin jeans, I have a pair of the black cargo pants, they look very casual and do not even look like bike pants, also available in beige, which makes them look a bit tidier for a less casual occasion. :D

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Another vote for Draggin's, there is also a company called "red Max" (I think) that does kevlar reinforced jeans, though I'm not sure if they are available in the US.

Z...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
http://www.bmwridersapparel.com/2002_Products.asp?c=Riding+Gear%3A+Textile+Suits&sc1=Textile+Suits&m1=MC%2DRiders&c1=Riding+Gear&type=&r1=ALL&md=&a1=ON&d1=ON&i1=ON&p1=1&page=2

"The denim look.

Let’s face it. Not all riders are into clothing that tells the world in no uncertain terms that they ride a motorcycle. For some, a denim jacket is the only way to go. For those low-key riders who want a casual look without any sacrifice of protective qualities, the InoTex® Suit is the perfect solution.

The denim look is relaxed, casual and totally comfortable. But don’t let that easygoing appearance fool you. Backed with abrasion-resistant Kevlar®, the InoTex® Suit offers state-of-the-art protective features. And it looks just as good when you’re off the bike.

Features/Functions

Enjoy the look and comfort of denim in a lightweight, protective textile available only from BMW. Breathable cotton and stretchable Lycra® are reinforced with the powerful strength of Kevlar® and DynaFil® for maximum resistance to abrasion and tears.
Motorcycle-cut styling allows maximum freedom of movement and comfort on and off your bike.

The suit features premium-grade leather accents at the collar, yoke, pant coin pocket and over the rear pant pockets.
Anodized buttons pivot for easy open and closure with a gloved hand and add a finishing touch to the suit’s classic jean styling.
A soft, comfortable mesh lining provides enhanced breathability.
The jacket features a snap-shut neck closure for wind and weather protective qualities.

Removable CE armor on the back, shoulders and elbows provides vital protection.
Ventilated, zip-open sleeves allow cooling airflow in warm weather, and adjustable cuffs at the wrist offer wind protection in cooler weather.
Four spacious outer pockets and one interior pocket on the jacket offer convenient storage space, and an adjustable waistband provides a custom fit.
Snug-fitting, comfortable pants feature adjustable CE body armor at the knees, five-pocket jean styling, plus two inside pockets to accommodate two-piece retrofit hip.

Ideal for most riding conditions, the InoTex® allows you to enjoy classic jean styling in a highly protective suit.
The sheen of new fabric changes to a more faded, broken-in jeans look after washing and wearing
Reflective tucks at collar for enhanced visibility.
Machine washable or dry cleanable. Simply wash according to instructions.

The suit can be combined with leather or textile jackets or pants.
Color: Black.

Imported.

"

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
You'll ride in denim, but not on a plugged tire?
:idunno:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Baketech said:
You'll ride in denim, but not on a plugged tire?
:idunno:
Nice try ovenboy. :p you walk around with out a brain? The guy is asking for ideas.:rolleyes: and this stuff is better than draggin jeans. If you read my post, youd see that it has armor in the elbows, knees and provision for it in the hips as well as kevlar.

A lot less irresponsible than recomending someone ride around on a plugged tire.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
figment said:
you walk around with out a brain? The guy is asking for ideas.:rolleyes:
:huh:

As always your superior intellect leaves me in the dust.....

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Baketech said:
:huh:

As always your superior intellect leaves me in the dust.....
well I edited it so you could have a better chance of comprehension.:p

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
figment said:
well I edited it so you could have a better chance of comprehension.:p
Call me stoopid....but I'll never comprehend why you advise people not to plug a tire but then turn around and give a 3rd party suggestion/recommendation for some unproven safety apparel....... :idunno:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Baketech said:
Call me stoopid....but I'll never comprehend why you would give a 3rd party suggestion/recommendation for some unproven safety apparel....... :idunno:
I have some plugged tire you can "prove" on...:smilebig: :pointup:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
figment said:
I have some plugged tire you can "prove" on...:smilebig: :pointup:
Colo-rectal ventriliquism..... :rotfl:
(aka Talking Out Your Ass)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts