Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Edwards was THIRD in free practice - happend before 1st qualifying. Is the Cube getting there??

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Valentino is still the man. He set the circuit fastest record.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The cube has the most horsepower in the paddock....and Catalunya favors it a bit eh?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
[Edit: Phozed, I removed the evidence]

The difference then?  The former is Qaulifying practice and the latter is Free practice.

Notice that Rossi has taken the Circuit record from Biaggi... that must have pissed Max off something wicked.  This should be a GOOD RACE!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phozed : Edwards was THIRD in free practice - happend before 1st qualifying. Is the Cube getting there??
I would honestly say that Edwards is f'in steaming over Tamada placing so well in Italy last week.  The Pramac ride could have been his prior to the season starting, he knows that and it's burning him up.  I doubt he would admit that.
So he is riding the sh1t out of the Cube.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stegen : DAMN, look at capirossi top speed
His top speed was faster last week in Italy. Mugello has the longest straight in GP at something like .72 miles, Catalunya's straight is roughly .65 miles. BTW Stegen, that top speed is about 201 MPH, he was doing 205-206 last week in Italy

·
Registered
343 Posts
I dunno Booth - I dont think Colin wanted to go anywhere without Michelins. I think if Honda offered Mich's to him that it would have been a no brainer but as for Pramac Honda... I dunno I don't think he regrets it at all.

Also - there is an article in RRW from Colin and he says over and over how much he likes his 'prilla team. Said that this year was for development and next year is for winning.

Hey have you checked out Colin's site? He posts there occasionally:

CE's msg board

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I hear you. Been to the site enough as well. He writes articles for Motorcycle Racer every month so I get to read what he thinks etc. He made a big deal about beating Hayden in the first race, so maybe just recently he got over it . Michelin stepped in on that deal, they didn't want their #1 test rider going to another tire mfr. There was a bunch more politics to do with him not going to Pramac. But whatever, at least his lap times are better @ this circuit. Hopefully, he'll be able to hold it there and place well on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
How about McWilliams on the very new V5 Proton getting the better of Hayden on the Factory Honda. That man is a star.

Yamaha are starting to get their act together at last. Shame about Suzuki and Kawasaki though.

Have I missed something. Where is young Kenny?

Edit: Just read that last weeks crash put him out of action. Impressed that he accepted responsibility for the crash that too both Suzooks out. Good man.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree it could end up a bit of a Rossi walkover - there seems to be a bit more of a spread of times than is usual. Edwards is a good solid 0.5 sec off but still on the second row.
A balancing factor may be that tyres are apparently not holding up for much more than a few laps at that sort of pace, and that the race may run rather more slowly.
I'm surprised at just how far off the pace Nicky Hayden is - over two seconds. I know it's supposed to be a learning year and maybe he's had a specific problem, but it's becoming a bit of a habit. His team is well proven, and I'm pretty sure he has the talent - I hope we're not heading into Bostrom territory/psychological meltdown here.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts