Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is one of the most incredible things I have ever seen a guy do on a bike. He (Rossi) busted the lap record twice after running off the track. 2nd place after that Amazing.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Ist off, congrats to Ducati and Caporossi.
2ndly, although it was Rossi own fault he ran off, the way he rode afterwards was amazing, I thought he may make it up to 4th, but to get into 2nd was out standing, he had me on the edge of my seat, (I was commemntating to the missus, of his catch up, I'm sure she didn't care).
I think He just proved that he is normally just toying with his opponents, when he normally races (to a certain extent).
Maybe he should just do a Doohan, and disappear into the distance, putting less risk on himself, of out braking when playing with the others.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, I think we've finally got some sense of what Rossi is capable of if really stretched. That RH turn where he was spinning it up on entry was something else.
Just as well though, becuse as said before he makes quite a few mistakes. Maybe if he had a bit less in hand he'd be forced to tidy up his act but I don't care - it's more fun this way.
Capirossi is a fairly deadly dude as well by the way - the Ducati is fast but it's got definite rear end traction and occasional front end problems. On as good a bike I think he'd be very close to Rossi. He does it more on 110% effort than talent though, he'd probably struggle to keep his game at that level for as long as Rossi has.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Someone always appears to challenge Rossi every race, the only problem is, it is not allways the same person, no one is as consistant as Rossi, top 2 most the time, although that may be changing with Capirossi, It would be good to see Troy up there as well

·
Registered
497 Posts
He did make a couple of mistakes, cannot beleive he went off track, but he more than made up for it. Certainly showed why he is the champ. That is the kind of race that will fill the stands. One of the best I've seen.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
He showed that he is both fallable and incredible all at once. Had he ridden pissed off for a few laps before his screw-ups, they wouldn't have happened. But the way he rode mad to make his comeback was truly amazing.
Side note - Biaggi had the new fairing, so he must have made some noise, but what's the excuse now Maxi?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I caught the race mid way, didn't see him ride off, but I did see his charge with 5-6 laps to go. Truely, we have witnessed motorcycle greatness today.

·
Registered
525 Posts
How pissed must biaggi have been? First he sees his bitter rival make an incredible comeback to pass him, then he ends up eating gravel.....I wish they would have interviewed him.

I can't believe we didn't get to see a Rossi interview after that incredible performance.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rios929 : How pissed must biaggi have been? First he sees his bitter rival make an incredible comeback to pass him, then he ends up eating gravel.....I wish they would have interviewed him.

I can't believe we didn't get to see a Rossi interview after that incredible performance.
I saw Biaggi crash today and didn't think twice about it because I've seen him do it countless times under pressure from Rossi or trying to match Valentino's pace. He did it twice at the end of last season. Nothing new

RC211V got newer type fairing this year. Until now, only one to have it was the Repsol team. Then Tamada got the new one as well because he is Japanese. The bitch wrecked again today LOL, how do you like them apples?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
stegen : Quote (ratter1 @ June 15 2003, 5:02pm)Ist off, congrats to Ducati and Caporossi.
I am sure they read this board and say thanks.        
I heard they do, trying to find out the secrets we have that make our blades so quick

·
Registered
684 Posts
Rios929 : I can't believe we didn't get to see a Rossi interview after that incredible performance.
Maybe Rossi did not want to steal the spot light from Capirossi. Rossi is world class and he is great friends with Capirossi. Also if Rossi wants to ride an Italian bike again, it will probably be a Ducati. Don't want to burn any bridges or boast about almost coming back.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Pre race quotes from Hayden and Biaggi...true to form Biaggi blames the bike and team, while Hayden remains introspective....

Quote Max Biaggi
Camel Pramac Pons: 9th
'As ever the team did their best but we have two problems at the moment and they are both related to each other. The bike does not have enough traction and if we make changes to remedy that - the bike wheelies. We keep changing the weight distribution but both problems are still there. At a track like this with long corners spent at full lean angle the rear keeps sliding because of the traction difficulties. We'll keep working at it and I just hope we can get it fixed before the race.'

Nicky Hayden
Repsol Honda Team: 18th
'Same as yesterday really. In the morning I felt good and was really having some trouble in the afternoon when things got hot. It seems I just loose the feel when if get really hot. Hopefully that'll come with more experience on the bike in different conditions. I had really high expectations after this morning's session. I was sixth fastest and only 0.2 sec off the fastest. This afternoon is super hot - kinda' like Mugello -and I just loose a bit of the feel. Something I just gotta' learn. We've got to decide the race tire tomorrow. The race will be really tough. I need to make a good start and start movin' up.'

·
Registered
887 Posts
that just proves to me today that while everyone else brings their 'A+' game every time out, Rossi only brings his 'B', maybe 'B+'....when he rides all out, no one can touch him...I just wish he'd ride like that every time out...it might make for a boring race though.... ....I know Biaggi must feel 2 inches tall....to battle Gibernau all race long and then crash out at the end...pretty sad indeed ...anyways, I am glad that Capirossi got a win, but the Ducati still has some chassis issues to straighten out...it still appears to be too unsettled under acceleration and braking....

I feel pretty bad for Colin also....he qualifies 7th and he doesn't even finish the race...the Cube definitely has some issues...even Haga finished right side up!!!!  ..anyways, I think we have seen what Rossi is truly capable of when the pressure is on...I just wish he'd have a consistent challenger every time out to truly test his skills....

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Everyone's saying Rossie made a mistake. The only mistake he made was getting up in Capirossie's ass as he checked up for the right hander (a typical move to shake the guy behind you). It worked better than Capirossie could've hoped for. Chock one up to the other Italian.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was hoping to hear Rossi's interview (what's up with that).
It was hot on the track and the likely mistake by Rossi's wide turn allowing the pass may have been his tires.
I'm curious to find out what he has to say.

·
Registered
82 Posts
RacerCutie : I was hoping to hear Rossi's interview (what's up with that).
It was hot on the track and the likely mistake by Rossi's wide turn allowing the pass may have been his tires.
I'm curious to find out what he has to say.
Rossi said it was the second of his 'mistakes'. He said he 'opened his eyes and saw the Ducati tailpipe in his face' He actually looked thrilled to have to put on the show that he did...and effectively said so, not failing to mention breaking the track record in doing so. What an incredible race...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts